The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, September 10, 2009

NFL Picks: Week 1: Where Blogger Cant Saved

I was going to do the full thing plus thoughts on Richard Seymour but I want to get crunk so I am just giving you the one game tonight. Also I apologize if there are short but I already did them so I dont feel like explaining it again.

Tennessee Titans at Pittsburgh Steelers- I think the Titans have a chance to be the first team in 10 years to beat last year Super Bowl team in Week 1 but they are going to have pressure Big Ben like last year. Also they are going to have to find away for Kerry Collins to hit a couple deep balls to open the run. I doubt that happens and I think a key turnover sways it to the Steelers. PITT 24-17

Jacksonville at Indianapolis- The Colts have had many problems with the Jaguars before both at home/away but they are playing a team whose best player is banged up plus a pretty shotty defense. Peyton shouldn't have any problems. IND 31-10

Detroit at New Orleans- Does the Lions have some hope for the streak to end? Nope. It should be tough for Matthew Stafford's first game and the Saints will just destroy that defense including Drew Brees giving his fantasy fans huge leads. NO 38-14

Dallas at Tampa Bay- People are big on the Cowboys this year which they are most years but like Emmitt Smith, I am not sold. I think Dallas should win this game with how bad the Bucs could be missing their offensive coordinator. DAL 23-13

Philadelphia at Carolina- Another team that I was pretty high on. I think the Eagles are a team to be reckoned with and Donovan McNabb has been known for slow starts in the past. I do not see it happening here with their defense shutting down the run. PHI 24-9

Kansas City at Baltimore- The Chiefs haven't got off to a good start this year with dealing their top passing threat, then getting rid of their offensive coordinator, and finally knowing if they are going to have Matt Cassel this week. Also they are going up against a top notch defense, not good. BALT 35-7

New York Jets at Houston- This year's sexy pick in the Texans with all of their players growing up. But they are going up against in my opinion a top notch defense for game number one. I think Mark Sanchez should be fine but he will have some mistakes. Expect this to be a close one. HOU 21-17

Miami at Atlanta- The Dolphins were a shocker last year just like the Falcons were. I think Atlanta has a chance to stay on top with Matt Ryan progressing very quickly plus adding Tony Gonzalez. I think this has a chance to be the best game this weekend. ATL 28-24

Denver at Cincinnati- I couldn't believe that my main man Bill Simmons picked the Broncos to the playoffs. I really cannot see it with all the problems especially in this one. The Bengals aren't great but they have a healthy quarterback who is better than Orton when healthy. CIN 35-23

Minnesota at Cleveland- Favre heads to the Dog Pound where I am hoping he gets booed to the high heavens. It will be an interesting game to watch to see how the offense is run and I think Brady Quinn will be able to drive down the field a couple times although not enough. MIN 31-17

Washington at New York Giants- I think the Giants have a chance to be good once again and Eli Manning needs to find a receiver to throw to because when he is at his best, he needs that guy. I do not believe that the Redskins will have enough offense to keep up with the G-Men. NYG 27-10

San Francisco at Arizona- The 49ers are a team without their top pick which must suck and they really do not have an defense either. They should however be able to run the ball against Arizona. The Cardinals will be better at the beginning of the year then in November so they will get done Sunday. ARI 38-28

St. Louis at Seattle- Once again, I get to talk about the NFC West yes! The Seahawks should be revamped and be way better than last year. I think the Rams are going to be better than last year but not enough against the Hawks. SEA 24-7

Chicago at Green Bay- It's probably the biggest game of the weekend and I couldn't be more excited for 7:20 on Sunday night. I think it has a chance to either be defense stalwart or a shootout. I actually could see Jay Cutler struggling with their new offense set up too. Packers win by a late Mason Crosby FG. GB 27-24

Buffalo at New England- The Bills are once again off to a rousing start with Terrell Owens complaining about the offense and also they have no coordinator on offense. The Patriots offense looks like they could be as unstoppable as their undefeated year. Should be a breeze. NE 41-17

San Diego at Oakland- How great would it be if Richard Seymour just came in from the sky with Al Davis and give the Black Hole a big "JUST WIN BABY!" But in all seriousness, this shouldn't be a problem for the offense of the Chargers. SD 45-17

Enjoy it.

No comments: