The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brewers...Brewers....Brewers...

I will be completely honest with you. I haven't watched much Brewer baseball since the St. Louis Cardinals road series last week. The excitement of the Green Bay Packers and the NFL in general is much more intriguing than the Milwaukee Brewers failures.

Last night wasn't any better as I went to check the box score. The Crew gets a 5-4 lead in the fifth and then they blow up in the sixth inning leading to 10-5 game to the hated Chicago Cubs. In addition, they walked twelve batters and they hit three batters. Everybody, the Milwaukee Brewers!!! I really do not know how this could have happened? You really want to blame someone for the Brewers looking worst than most of the guys on Tool Academy.

You cannot go back and say we should still have Ned Yost as manager because in my opinion, I believe that Prince Fielder wouldn't be a Brewer today. It seemed like Prince/Ned didn't really get along all that well and once Fielder had that 50 HR season, he just went through the motions with Yost as manager.

I also have a tough time saying that Dale Sveum should have kept the job in the first place. He had no experience managing a ball club and somewhat you have to worry about that. Now I think he has done a fine job as a hitting coach despite what some might think since the Brewers numbers are drastically inflated by Braun and Fielder.

The #1 biggest mistake of the off-season was promoting Bill Castro. Its like telling a guy at General Motors who works on the assembly line for 40 years that he is now a senior executive due to his time with the company. Castro should have never gotten the job, he was adequate as the Bullpen Coach. Keep him there.

The other group I would like to fall blame on to is the players. Not Ryan Braun or Fielder, they both had years they should be proud of. But guys like Bill Hall and JJ Hardy maybe even throw Corey Hart in there yet he was up-down all year. Hardy was supposed to catalyst to this team but I said in the beginning of the year, "He needs to be consistent." That never happened and oh yeah, he never went on that two week hot streak.

I could go on about things wrong with the Brewers including starting pitching but I will lay my guns to rest with this final statement. This off season is the most critical one there has been in Brewer history. This will define whether we can hang with the big boys or not.

-Charlie.

No comments: