The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, September 19, 2009

NFL Picks: Week 2: Talkin' More Trash Than Kerry Rhodes

New England (1-0) at New York Jets (1-0)- This is one of the big games of the weekend with a lot of trash talking by Rex Ryan and Kerry Rhodes saying how much they are going to beat down the Pats. I wouldn't piss off Tom Brady and Bill Bellichek just like Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow so this could get ugly. I think Simmons will see his FU touchdown again. NE 35-21

New Orleans (1-0) at Philadelphia (1-0)- This was going to be a good game until Donovan McNabb got his rib cracked. I think Kevin Kolb is not very good and will need his defense to carry him. The Saints will also prove if they are the real deal against a very good defense and I think they will win handily because of Kolb's inefficiently. NO 20-7

St. Louis (0-1) at Washington (0-1)- The Redskins looked okay against the Giants who were very tough and now they play the team that looked the worst last Sunday. I think Jason Campbell and all the offense will have a big time stats increase. WASH 38-17

Arizona (0-1) at Jacksonville (0-1)- Well the Cardinals have been horrible when they are playing at noon starts and the Jaguars defense looked tough against the Colts. I think the Jags need more from David Garrard and the Cards need to hope that Anquan Boldin is ready to go. Jags pull it out late. JAX 21-17

Carolina (0-1) at Atlanta (1-0)- The Panthers are wondering what their identity is after Jake Delhomme looks like a complete corpse. Despite my main man Simmons says I really don't see any hope for Jake the Snake and I am believer that Atlanta's defense is the real deal. ATL 31-14

Minnesota (1-0) at Detroit (0-1)- Will this be the week for the Lions? They have played the Vikes tough at home and Brett Favre has struggled in Ford Field. Adrian Peterson will be way too much for the Lions but I feel they keep it somewhat close. MINN 34-21

Cincinnati (0-1) at Green Bay (1-0)- I watched Hard Knocks this week and I was a huge fan of the Bengals team just because they were very humorous especially Ocho Cinco. Although this week will not be good for them with tough defense again and Aaron Rodgers having a big game. GB 28-10

Houston (0-1) at Tennessee (0-1)- Both teams need this game desperately and they usually play tight games against each other. I think the Texans need this game more and we will know if they are the sleeper that everyone has been saying. The Titans will drain Houston out with the running back tandem. TEN 21-14

Oakland (0-1) at Kansas City (0-1)- This game will be like watching paint dry and the Raiders did look impressive against San Diego. Also Richard Seymour will carry this defensive line who will play well all year because he needs a contract. The Chiefs defense isn't that good at all so Run DMC/Michael Bush should take care of business. OAK 35-17

Tampa Bay (0-1) at Buffalo (0-1)- What an awful game. I am sorry to anyone who has to watch this game on Sunday. I will look forward to see Terrell Owens try to self-explode possibly on Sunday. TO probably will have a big game because the Bucs couldn't stop the pass. BUF 24-9

Seattle (1-0) at San Francisco (1-0)- This is an interesting game for many reasons because I think we all are wondering if the Niners are the real deal same goes with Matt Hassleback. I think this will be a close NFC West battle with the Hawks hitting a field goal late. SEA 24-21

Baltimore (1-0) at San Diego (1-0)- The Ravens are getting a lot of hype for their offense which is really unfair due to the Chiefs comparable to High School defense. This will say a lot about both teams. I am taking the Ravens but I will be interested to see if the Chargers do better with Darren Sporles back there. BALT 17-10

Pittsburgh (1-0) at Chicago (0-1)- A great way to start out Jay Cutler's career at Solider Field but he did tear up the Steelers last time they played. I actually think this will be high scoring for Pittsburgh due to Brian Urlacher being out of the game. PITT 35-20

Cleveland (0-1) at Denver (1-0)- This a weird rivalry because the John Elway game and Ernest Byner game as well. Plus the Jay Cutler comeback last season too. This game will be weird again in someway and the Broncos will somehow be 2-0. DEN 24-16

New York Giants (1-0) at Dallas (1-0)- The odds that the scoreboard gets hit? I am really pulling for that to happen. I think this will be the best game of the weekend with Tony Romo's new passing game plus the Giants defense being back. Also it will be interesting to see if Eli Manning develops a relationship with any of the receivers. I take the home team close. DAL 24-17

Indianapolis (1-0) at Miami (0-1)- The Dolphins looked like the 1-15 team last weekend and Peyton Manning's defense actually helped him out more than ever last week. I think he will be fine without Anthony Gonzalez and I see real no hope with the Phins. IND 34-10

-Charlie

No comments: