The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Young Money Ushers in a New Era

I am trying to decide whether I need pictures in my blog... I know some of you that read it, if you could hit me up on Facebook or Twitter giving your opinion on it. I am going to throw up a picture for the next couple of posts see what happens...

With the Milwaukee Bucks in the playoffs for the first time in four years, I didn't know what to expect as the Bucks took on the Atlanta Hawks today.  To my dismay, the Bucks played a nervous first half where they took every mid-range shot that was available and never took it to the paint.  Not to mention, they played awful defense that led to the Bucks being down nineteen points at halftime.  The only player who decided to step up all day was Brandon Jennings.

Jennings had 34 points in his rookie debut, which made people reminisce of Derrick Rose's performance last season against the Boston Celtics.  He played probably the best I have seen in the last couple of months and really showed that he can lead this team even at a young age.  There were times this season where I would be worried if Brandon shot the ball, but last night, I wanted him to take every shot that was open to him.  He played fantastic and I think it shows that Jennings has the sort of swagger you want in the NBA Playoffs.  I think if John Salmons, Carlos Delfino, or Ersan Ilyasova can get going, the Bucks could beat the Hawks a couple of times. But I cannot say, that I feel very confident about beating the Hawks even once now.

When I made my picks, I completely forgot about Mike Bibby's complete transformation in the playoffs. A guy who looked washed up throughout the year, looked like the Bibby we all loved in the 2002 playoffs for the Sacramento Kings. He is a clutch performer and wants the ball in the fourth quarter. He isn't the only one on the Hawks who is like that, Joe Johnson made every big shot he took in the late third quarter and into the fourth. I know one thing if the Bucks-Hawks get a close game, I pray to the Basketball Gods that Johnson or Bibby has the ball in the last possession. 

-Charlie.


No comments: