The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Three E's of LeBron

I have no idea where I am going with this so bear with me as we go on this new journey.  Because the NBA is goofy, they have one semifinal starting on Saturday and the rest start on various times therefore you will get multiple posts about different series. We are playing the alphabet with LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavalier superstar... the letter is E.

Elbow- The biggest thing that came out of the Chicago-Cleveland was the fact LeBron may be hurt. It seemed his elbow bothered him after he shot the second free throw with his left hand. This is raising the question, how hurt is he really?  I cannot say nor can any of us because only LBJ knows. If they run through the Boston Celtics then we are convinced that LeBron's elbow doesn't really bother him.   But if they struggle, it's a clear problem.  The biggest problem with the injury is it's his right arm, which makes it tougher for him to score.  I predict more jump shots and less takes to the basket. Cavs fans are throwing rocks at me right now because this would be the worst case scenario.  

Exciting- I think this could be most entertaining series if the Bucks do not win tonight or Sunday for me. I like the Celtics for a variety of reasons... a.) Very physical, brings back old memories  b.) Paul Pierce has been a favorite of mine for years because for some reason I loved Pierce as a kid, I keep my loyalties.  c.) Ray Allen falls under letter b. and add he was a former Milwaukee Bucks holds a soft spot.  I think they can take the Cavs to six or seven games and they could even win this series.  All of these will be close battles and be shocked if either team gets a blowout win.  I think it will be a fun-filled series even if the game is 88-85, the defense will be great with a complete slugfest and an enjoyable game. 

Excuses- Let's play oddsmakers... what are the odds people use LeBron's elbow as a cop out if they lose to Boston?  4 to 1? 3 to 1?  This is a built-in excuse waiting to happen and James seems to be on the wrong end of the stick every May for whatever reason.  I can just see it now, "Well LeBron was hurt, that's why they lost." Personally, I would rather have the Cavs lost a series where LBJ was healthy so there is no room for the E we are describing. 

Prediction: I think the Cavs take it in 7.  I cannot see them losing at home right now and would be stunned if it happened in the first two games.  The most intriguing thing other than LBJ's elbow is the matchups inside. Shaq-Big Z-Sideshow Bob vs. KG-Perkins-Big Baby, that is a 6 man tag-team match I would love to see on Monday Night Raw. Even with his injury, Pierce/Allen don't have enough in the tank to keep up with LeBron in a deep physical series.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another E that you missed, Egomaniac

Unknown said...

Ah, that stuff gets me into trouble. After watching last night it appears to me, he really isn't that hurt. Everything seemed like normal.