The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Western Conference NBA Playoff Picks

I am a bit late but still that doesn't matter.  Honestly, pretty exciting times for me because I really have got myself into the NBA this season, the Milwaukee Bucks are one of the 16 teams in there, and I think the playoffs are WIIIIIDE OOOPENN.  I think this will as unpredictable as ever. 
1. Los Angeles Lakers vs. 8. Oklahoma City Thunder- Other than the Bucks, I am pretty pumped for this series because of the Durant-Kobe matchup and the youth of the Thunder could be a preview of things to come.  I think the Thunder could push this series to the sixth or seventh game of this series but I do think they need to get one win in L.A. to really believe they can actually do it.  The difference maker will be Russell Westbrook because he will be facing a washed-up Derek Fisher therefore he could run him all over the court throughout the series. I think the Lakers win but this will be a bloodbath for sure.  LA in 7 

4. Denver vs. 5. Utah- A series that could have been a lot better if the Jazz had Andrei Kirinlinko and you have to worry about Carlos Boozer's rib injury.  The Jazz do have Deron Williams who has been playing out of this world lately and they have a mismatch with Chauncey Billups which they could expose.  I hate to bet against Carmelo Anthony because I think he is one of the best late-game closer and continues to not get enough love by the national media.  I think this will be a dogfight but the injuries of Utah pull me towards the Nugs.  DEN in 7

3. Phoenix vs. 6.Portland- Once again, a better series if Brandon Roy was healthy. The Suns have arguably been the best team since the All-Star Break.  I hate to bring it up like everyone else but Amar'e Stoudamire decided to play basketball again.  He looks like a tyrant out there and will create problems for the Trailblazers.  I will give Portland a game at home due to their rabid homecourt advantage but Steve Nash will take control of this one.  PHX in 5 

2. Dallas vs. 7. San Antonio- Two teams that have had some epic series in the past couple of years and I think this will be the proving point that the Spurs are indeed washed-up.  I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think they can beat a much-improved Maverick team with the additions of Caron Butler and Brenden Haywood. BUT remember when I wrote how Butler/Haywood have not delivered results in the playoffs?  Just keep that in mind if the Spurs find a way to win on in the Big D.  I think both teams win at home then the Mavs get knocked out in the final two.  DAL in 6

-Charlie.

No comments: