The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, April 1, 2010

AL West Preview

Finally finishing up the American League, I think the AL West could probably be won by any of the four teams that are in the division.   But here is who I think will be the winner...

1.) Texas Rangers- KEY ACQ: DH Vladimir Guerrero, SP Rich Harden   I LIKE: Josh Hamilton- I think Hamilton will bounce back nicely from struggling last season and will have a productive year, I don't know about an All-Star yet still good year.  I HATE: Harden- I cannot see that going well for him, he pitched fine in the AL but he always gets hurt. Big red flags for me.  PREDICTION: They will win by a rock of Ron Washington's cocaine, it should be battle all year long. I think the Rangers bullpen will be the difference for them.

2.) Los Angeles Angels- KEY ACQ: OF Hideki Matsui SP Joel Pineiro I LIKE: Kendry Morales- I think he will be a bonafide stud in 2010 and will dominate for this team this season.  Morales should be an All-Star this season.  I HATE: Brian Fuentes- I think he is probably one of the shakiest closer in Major League Baseball with more than forty-five saves. He is a headcase waiting to happen.  PREDICTION: Another team that could make the playoffs if the chips fall right. They need a good year out of Fuentes, and their pitching staff has potential, the question is will they capitalize on this? 

3.) Seattle Mariners- KEY ACQ: 2B Chone Figgins OF Milton Bradley SP Cliff Lee  I LIKE: Lee- Despite his early injury, he has shown to be one of the best pitchers in the Majors and proven it in both leagues. King Felix and him back-to-back is tough as hell.  I HATE: Bradley- He is a cancer to almost all team he has played for but I will say Ken Griffey Jr. might be a guy to settle him down, still I think he will have another down year.  PREDICTION: They have the ability to be a playoff team but they need a big year from a lot of guys, which seems a lot of ask from guys like Jose Lopez, Ian Snell, and others.

4.) Oakland A's- KEY ACQ: SP Ben Sheets, 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff I LIKE: Andrew Bailey- He is an upcoming closer for the A's and I think he will be a force in the bullpen.  I HATE: Sheets- I cannot believe he is their number one, and he really hasn't pitched well this whole spring so I worry he breaks down by June. PREDICTION: They have a ton of youth that are starting or ready to go in their minor leagues so if the develop quickly they could contend for the AL West.  I also really like Brett Anderson too.

-Charlie.

No comments: