The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WILTW: A Fresh Dose of What I Like

Starting today, I am beginning a post every Monday where I like you know "What I Like This Week" featuring a post with some music I am enjoying, movies or television, and overall thoughts from my head really, hope you like it. 

Music: Chiddy Bang:  They are a fresh hip-hop group out of Philadelphia who I have been listening to as much as I can and informing people at an alarming rate about how good they are.  They fall into the group of great new artists out there (see Wale, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, many others)  I will post my three personal favorite songs

1. Flying By Them Haters
2.Truth (using a Passion Pit sample, I know many are big fans, me personally am not.)
3. Under the Sheets

Also this song is on Itunes, known as Opposite of Adults

TV: If you are not watching Fresh Meat II on MTV, you are missing out on the greatest rivalry since Bird vs. Magic.  That rivalry would be Kenny-Wes, two meat heads just going at each other throats and ready to rumble as much as possible.  I think this show has everything you want; competition, drunkenness, sex, and hot girls, any other questions? I mean look at Wes' partner Mandi, granted she would turn me down quicker than Usian Bolt, she still is about as hot as you can get for Reality TV. 

Movies: Finally saw Avatar, which in my opinion was a solid movie and one I enjoyed for the most part. Mostly for the breath-taking special effects and the way they set up Pandora.  I think Jim Cameron (like Vinny Chase, I can call you Jim too right?) overhyped this movie worse than the Justin Biebler phenomenon in our society and no it didn't deserve Best Picture. The acting wasn't really there at all and the plot reminded me of any movies surrounding Native Americans or Europe into Africa. Once again, I like the movie but I think America as a whole had this over-the-top orgasm about it that wasn't need whatsoever.  

Final Thoughts: I want to know the obsession with the Hills.  I am going to lay my man card in question, but I have watched the Hills, in fact back-to-back episodes because I tend to get sucked it for whatever reason. I mean these people did NOTHING yet they cover US Weekly and all those other magazines. I can't put a finger on why it swept America like it did. Also no I will not be watching on Tuesday night when it premieres in case you were wondering.

-Charlie.

No comments: