The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Final Four Picks

I had to make sure I got my picks in and surprised that I am even writing to you as I am pulling it out while hungover. I will put it to you this way, I met a guy from Djibouti which was something on my bucket lists of things to do.

Butler vs. Michigan State- People including myself have called the Bulldogs the "real life Hoosiers" and now the question is can they carry this run into the final game?  I feel they aren't scared of anyone especially after knocking off Syracuse/Kansas State.  Gordan Hayward could be a mismatch disaster for the Spartans as they really don't have a player his size to compete with. Also Matt Howard's foul trouble problems probably will not be as much of worry with the Spartans due to the lack of size of their big men. Now for Michigan State I feel they have that same sort of never scared attitude because they know they can win without Kalin Lucas. Korie Lucious played fantastic in last year's Final Four and he played a great tournament so far. Also do not sleep on Durrell Summers because he hits key shots and always seems to have the ball at the end of the game.  I haven't picked Butler the entire year, and I want them to win tonight although I do not think they enough... so I will continue to doubt them.  MSU 65-60

West Virginia vs. Duke- Some people in the media think that this should be the National Championship game and people have pointed out the inabilities of the Dukies against Big East teams (lost the last four times they have seen Big East opponents in the tourney, they have lost).  I think Nolan Smith is the key individual in this game because the only guy that can guard him is Joe Mazzulla and if he gets in foul trouble, the Mountaineers are in trouble with Smith.  The Mountaineers have the ability inside to beat Duke which I do not think I could say about a lot of the teams they faced. The one thing that should concern Blue Devil fans is Da'Sean Butler's big time moments.  I do not think Duke has that guy who can make take over the game, but I think the overall depth of Duke pulls them to victories late in the game.  I could see this game going down to the wire and somebody making the difference. I am going with Jon Scheyer hitting a big three with under twenty seconds. DUKE 75-73 

1 comment:

Sports Chump said...

Chuckie Chuck likes both dogs to cover.

Good breakdown, man.

I'm not sure who I like in today's games but rest assured... I'll be watching.