The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Decision on Boston College

Last night, I could not come to a conclusion on the Boston College scenario and now today after Jeff Jagodzinski has been fired, I have decided to side with the coach on this one. The reason is because I was browsing through ESPN podcasts and listened to Collin Cowherd for the first time which he changed my mind.

"Even in a bad economy, the coach of Boston College is interviewing for a job knowing that he is a long shot for the job and does it anyways. That tells me that it is not great to be a football coach at Boston College."

Cowherd contrast that with Coach K staying at Duke and turning down the Lakers. That was the light bulb I needed for this issue. Jagodzinski was not happy at BC, its obvious to me now that Gene DiFillippo the Athletic Director is the problem. He is the overall reason why Jagodzinski felt the need in a bad economy to become jobless.

Now I am sure that Jagodzinski will get a job as a coordinator in the NFL or in college. Many are rumoring that he will be the new offensive coordinator under new head coach Jim Mora Jr. because they have coached together and Jagodzinkski coached Hassleback at Boston College in the late 90s.

-Charlie.

No comments: