The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Settle Down Sepi

I am calling this fan week on Chucks Corner. If you want me to write about something or you want a quote albeit it be something good like Seth or Votto you will get in there. Now I havent spoked to our only Toronto Blue Jays fan in the city of Wauwatosa, Sepi but I am sure he is on pins/needles about his boy Roy Halladay getting traded. I told him at the beginning of the year that this will happen but now I am here to tell you that it will not.

Now this might be the kiss of death because I have said multiple times that something will/will not happen therefore Halladay might get traded tomorrow for all I know. My thoughts on Halladay is that the Jays are trying to get too much out of teams right now for their possible suitors. They would like to get a shit ton of talent for Halladay who many could argue is best pitcher in our decade looking at stats alone although I have a problem saying that because he hasnt done anything in the postseason.

I think another reason why Halladay isnt going anywhere is the team who seemed to be the favorite has all the sudden caught steam in the past two weeks, the Philadelphia Phillies. Why do they need more pitching when they seem to be doing just fine without Doc? The only real reason is this year you might not get past Los Angeles due to Cole Hamels having a rough year plus other reasons. If they really want to repeat then they have to get Doc.

I mean if the Jays wanted this to happened, I think like CC Sabathia deal last year it would have happened already because they would have asked for a respectable amount for their guy. Toronto is really expecting teams to give up their best hitting and pitching prospects where I believe thats unrealistic to think a team will do that these days. Reason being is there is so much hype now made up about all of these stud prospects that rarely anyone wants to give up a "Hanley Ramirez-like" for a "Josh Beckett-like" player. Doc is staying in Canada, dont fret Sepi.

-Charlie.

No comments: