The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why Do This To Me?

I am not kidding you if I had time or diligence today, I would have told you that I was ready to start re-building the Milwaukee Brewers and after listening on the radio about the same thing, I bought in even more. Then I discussed it with my dad and told him I am not ready to let go of this pipe dream because I invested so much in this team and after the Casey McGehee walk-off base hit against Carlos Marmol, there is a sense of belief in me.

The last three games I have seen the Brewers lose in 11, which they fought back after being down 4-1 quicker than Hank Moody can get a girl into bed, then the bullpen bails out the team winning 4-3 in extras with a big sac fly from Corey Hart, and tonight, the walk-off winner.  Tell me, you aren't started to buy into the fact that this might be the run we've been waiting for. 

I hate to play 'what if' but let's say the Brewers cut Jeff Suppan before the New York Mets series, do the Brewers lose the final game of that series?  Who knows, I mean Zach Braddock still blew up in the 9th inning and then the Brewers' bullpen once again blew up in the first two Florida games. Since they went 5-1, they had two games where I could admit they flat out lost the game (Josh Johnson and Adam Wainwright) but other than that, they have been close yet one part isn't working. 

The other reason why I feel this sense of optimism is because the Brewers are winning ugly. They aren't hitting the ball that well right now, okay that's fine we win two straight games with good pitching and timely hits. I know it's insane to be this excited about a two-game winning streak and Carlos Zambrano could end up pitching a gem that would send us in another tailspin, but can't a guy dream?  

I want to believe the last two nights were the beginning of a special summer for all of us as Brewer fans where we are glued to every moment.  Sadly, this isn't Entourage where everything works out at the end and the Brewers end up prevailing. But we aren't even half way in this marathon of a season and something tells me... the Brewers aren't dead.

-Charlie.

No comments: