The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, June 28, 2010

Ramblings From The NBA Draft

I am trying to get caught up to the best of my abilities, two jobs and other things to worry about in the summer tend to keep me away from the blog.  I will do a NBA Draft post, USA Soccer, and Brewer post plus later this week an odds makers on LeBron James (think I know that one already).  For this, I will give my thoughts on the top 15 and Lazar Hayward.

-John Wall is going to be good to great pro.  I think he is a slasher with the capabilities to hit the three and if he works on turning the ball over less, he will become a real threat. Another thing I love about Wall is his defense, he plays like a pitbull out there always making hustle plays.

-Evan "The Villian" Turner will be the best player out of this draft because he is a versatile player that can spread the floor not to mention a mean three pointer.  The other thing I like about Turner is his fourth quarter clutchness, he seems to live for that quarter.

-Derrick Favors if not given enough time will be an absolute bust. I could see him having a Jermaine O'Neal type career where he is bad with his first team and excels on the second team.  There will be no in-between for him.

-People are hounding Wesley Johnson and honestly, I have no idea why. Sure he is an older player but really is that big disadvantage? If anything, I think that will help him and Johnson will make the proper adjustments to be an NBA player.

-DeMarcus Cousins will be a monster with an attitude problem. I already know Cousins will rake in the technicals like Sheed but I think he is the Rookie of the Year next year. He already has a great skill set and getting the ball from Tyreke Evans will be deadly. Look for the Kings to be this year's Thunder.

-Epke Udoh is a great defense prowess who I wanted to fall to the Bucks, he will help the Warriors right away with their defense comparable to an adult summer league.

-Greg Monroe interests me for two reasons... 1) I think he will make an impact right away from his passing and will lead big men in assists this year, so smooth with the ball.  2.) Although he is soft and doesn't like contact as much as he should.

-Only thing I can say about the next pick is reserved for my good friend Simmons,
-- Me: Did you know Al-Farouq Aminu means "the chief has arrived" in Nigerian?

-- JackO: "I'm screaming 'Al-Farouq Aminu!!!' during my next 25 orgasms."

-As Vinnie Chase was Queens Boulevard, Gordan Hayward is Salt Lake City. A perfect fit for everyone involved and he will contribute right away for that team. Only downfall is it will take away time from Wes Matthews.

-Indiana takes some scrub who actually isn't white and we all pray Reggie Miller returns to save their team.

-Cole Aldrich is what the Oklahoma City Thunder (via trade with N.O.) needed last year down the stretch. A guy who can play defense and give them valuable minutes to beat up the other post players. Aldrich will make a huge difference for the Fighting Durants.

-I like Xavier Henry, I thought he came on strong at the end of the season and could of used another year to put him in the top five. He will be a nice replacement when Rudy Gay leaves.

-Ed Davis wins my bust of the year award. I just do not think he is ready and the shades of Joe Forte are creeping in. He had a horrible sophomore year and to still get drafted 13th is unreal. 

-Patrick Patterson should do wonders for the Rockets who always seem to lack size. He can shoot from the outside once in awhile but has really sweet post moves, love that pick.

-The Bucks drafted Larry Sanders who rocks a 7'7 wingspan and gives us more depth plus an add a defensive presence in the post. I could care less that he really isn't an offensive player right now because I think the Bucks have enough scorers.  I personally loved what the Bucks did with all big men, they were undersized all season and they finally added some meat for their interior. 

Charlie.

No comments: