The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Transforming Head Cases in Milwaukee

I hate getting headcases.  Simply put, it's something I would rather not see my teams do and since the Milwaukee Bucks picked up one in the past couple of days, I had a lot of mixed feelings about what a headcase would bring to this team.  I think I have a handle on it and I think Corey Maggette will relish his time in Milwaukee. 

People talked about how we got Maggette for table scraps named Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell.  Now, I would say that's a throw away deal and the Warriors are just trying to open the cap room a bit plus it makes you wonder why they would take two bench players for a guy who scored nearly 20 points a game in an inflated offense system. Although throwing in a second-round pick might mean that the Warriors' management saw some talent in Gadzuric/Bell to give the Bucks another draft pick.  

Maggette has been called selfish, injury-prone, and a guy who gives up easily. I think the injury-prone is definitely something to look out for because Maggette hasn't played an entire season yet in his 10 year career but has played around 70 games a year for half of his time. Only twice did Maggette miss a significant amount of time. I do not expect Maggette to play all 82 because it's rare when someone in the NBA actually does, so to call him injury-prone is a bit strong, maybe a statement saying Maggette struggles battling through injury would sound better.

The selfish tag I don't think applies to him very well as his career high for shot attempts doesn't even clear into the thirties and not to mention, it seems Maggette gets into a rhythm when he shoots more. That is something about John Salmons I hated but loved at the same time, he would take some ridiculous shots that would drop to set the pace for him. I think Maggette is basically Salmons with a little less touch from the outside and more of a slasher mentality.

Even though the Bucks are young, I think they have the will power to bring a guy like Maggette into their family and show him what it means to be a part of a team. You cannot tell me in his 10 years in the NBA, he ever played on a team?  Nope, just a bunch of individuals really.  Hell, he played at Duke for two years under a tough as nails coach in Coach K so what makes people instantaneously believe that he will struggle with Scott Skiles?  Maggette is a big nominee of a guy who could make an impact that not a lot of people saw coming.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

EasyE said...

Whats with the high lighted names?

Unknown said...

DOH I forgot to hit the spell-check, my bad I will go in and do that.