The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wearing My Sunglasses At Night Again

Nothing bothers me more than at a professional sporting event where people wear jerseys of guys who aren't on the team or they suck that bad, almost like it's embarrassing to wear the jersey.  After the month of April, I thought that was going to happen to my retro Corey Hart jersey.  Like the LeBron thing, I finally bought in that maybe Hart wasn't the same player as the guy who got to the All Star Game.  Now, the last three weeks have been awesome for all the Hart fans as he has went off like never before.

He is currently leading the National League in home runs with 13 and he is doing it in ways to assist his team such as the walk-off he had Friday night and the first inning Grand Slam on Saturday night. As my buddy Doz texts me "Your jersey keeps looker better and better by each day."  I couldn't agree more and the next chance I get I am wearing my Hart jersey out to show support for him. The guy deserves it from his believers.

Let me take you back to April where everyone wanted him to be shipped out of Milwaukee after a horrendous Spring Training and people were already pissed at him for winning 5 million in arbitration.  The fans jumped on him faster than three fat girls fighting for the last couple Twinkies.  Now, Hart got a standing ovation from the fans on Saturday night before hitting his grand slam. It's fair to say that everyone is on his bandwagon again and hoping for big results from him the rest of the year.

I still think that the jersey might get retired either in July or December.  I mean right now Hart could be a valuable assist to trade if the Brewers are still struggling and it appears they will not make the playoffs.  Then I believe he is a free agent, and if the Crew inks Prince Fielder then there will likely be no money left for Hart. This worries me as a fan but I understand that baseball is a business, sometimes your favorite player will not be back to the team. But I hope that Hart stays as long as he can so I can keep wearing that #1 proudly.

-Charlie.

No comments: