The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ron-Ron Really?

One thing that is great about sports is that a player can go from being the biggest goat of the game and somebody everybody will blame the defeat on, then hit the game-winning shot and be portrayed as this clutch player.  I nearly threw my drink at the TV when I saw SportsCenter headline of "Big Shot Ron."  I understand he hit the game winner but seriously, does a guy who goes 1 for 9 really deserve the credit?

A guy who deserves big time props is Derek Fisher, a guy I have ragged on during these playoffs came up huge once again in a big game dropping 22 points and hit a couple of big shots down the stretch.  Fisher should have been the guy that everybody talked about on Friday.  He was the reason the Lakers won on Thursday night picking up the slack for the 'supposed' twin towers of Andrew Bynum/Pau Gasol.  Fisher did his thing and I wonder if he factors into tonight's game. This one is an obvious but another guy who stepped his game up was the Black Mamba himself.

Remember about two weeks ago when we discussed how the great ones handled critical 2-2 Game 5s?  Once again, Kobe pulled it out with a ridiculous 30 pts 9 rbs 11 assts.  While the LeBron James fan club will tell me that's a normal night for LBJ, my counter is he is a monster inside and has great vision, two different styles relax.  For whatever reason in the playoffs, Kobe has figured out how to pass the ball to his teammates at a high rate and still get his points. I haven't seen this type of Kobe and it's really makes you wonder, is this guy unlike any other player?  I don't believe you can compare him to anyone because he played so many roles in his career, you could call him chameleon more so than a mamba.

I think the Lakers end the Suns run tonight, I just think the Ron Artest Queensbridge Knockout might be too much for them to come back from but I could see a very close battle to the very end. Not to be John Madden, but the key for the Suns really how good their bench plays.  When the bench is successful, it results in good things. 

-Charlie.

No comments: