The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

God Bless Jack Bauer

Before we talk about how sweet Jack Bauer is, let me assure you that my post count will rise in the summer and that my low count in May really is a fluke although each one you are getting at least 400-600 words in my estimation.

Last night, the clock struck zero on 24.  A show that I didn't really watch because like a lot of great television in the past decade it happened before I was old enough.  Last winter break, Coach told me that I had to watch 24, he raves about how much Jack Bauer kicks ass and how he is a great American hero. I said okay I will watch so I came over and watched Bauer with the rest of the clubhouse. From then on, I bought in like nobody business. I stayed up until 3 or 4 the first couple nights after to watch Season 1 illegally on my computer and after a few faulty connections starting renting them. I believe I got through three seasons in under two months while watching the newest season. It was fair to say that I became hooked on 24.

People told me that the show deteriorated as the years went on and I haven't watched Season Six which everyone says is the eventual 'jump off the bandwagon' for 24 so I will have to see it to believe what happened but I must say I enjoyed season seven a lot with many entertaining twists/turns. This season compared to fine wine, got better with time. The first eight episodes were sort of sub par and then after that, the tension couldn't be higher for every week.  Then after Renee Walker dies, we see a whole other side of Jack Bauer who becomes a killing machine.

Jack Bauer is a real life superhero, a man who can and has put a fight with being handcuffed among other things. I hope they do a feature film of 24 because I believe according to Coach there are still some unanswered questions about Bauer plus the ending only means how aggressive the Russians will be come the movie. I think it would be awesome and I would be there for the midnight showing.

-Charlie.

No comments: