The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy for Cappy

The Brewers blog announced today that the Brewers will purchase the contract of Chris Capuano who has been fighting a long battle with Tommy John Surgery and is now finally back in the big leagues. I couldn't be happier because Cappy really did seem like a class act and has really fought when nobody really believe he would be in a Brewer uniform.  Now this raises two questions...

1.) Does he start?- I will go with a solid maybe. I think it might be a big hasty to throw him to the wolves right away therefore possibly taking the place of Marco Estrada who pitches after Manny Parra's three or four innings of work would make more sense for the start at least. I think if he does well in the first two weeks, you could see him starting in Parra's place. One commenter on the Brewers Blog mentioned taking Chris Narverson's spot but I really don't see why that is necessary. I think Narverson has done a good job in the starting role and it's been proven he really isn't that great in the bullpen.

2.) Who Leaves?- In a perfect world, it would be Jeff Suppan. But honestly, that cannot happen. We already have the Bill Hall Contract on our hands, and the Crew doesn't need to have two useless contracts when they are trying to sign Prince this summer or fall. I would like to see them send Claudio Vargas to waivers because it's starting to feel just like the last time around with him, just does enough to get by and it usually doesn't satisfy the Brewers needs. Right now, the Crew has a good thing going winning the last four of five and maybe the infusion of young talent is giving this team some chemistry it desperately needed. I think getting rid of Vargas is the ultimate solution.

The one thing I hope Brian Anderson brings back when Capuano takes the mound is discuss feverishly about Capuano's great pick off because I miss hearing about it.  Good for you Cappy.

-Charlie.

No comments: