The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ramblings From a Unitellgent Hockey Fan

I have gone on record that I know very little about the NHL but because I have roommates who really enjoy hockey, I watch more than I ever have before. I think I might have watched more than them, I begged with Eric to watch the third period of the Bruins-Flyers game alas he told me no, whatever E.   So here are some observations.....

-I know this happened a week ago, but you have to feel for the DMV area (D.C./Maryland/Virgina who aren't smart or listen to Wale).  The Capitals were their team this year out of the four professional sports and they had big dreams of winning the Stanley Cup which would wash the season of Gilbert Arenas and the horrid Wizards, the pitiful Redskins, and the Nationals are well... the Nationals.  Then Alexander Oveckhin pulled out his own Karl Malone performance of just not showing up when his team needed him the most.

- I have not moved on from the US losing to Canada in the Olympics therefore I haven't cheered for the Montreal Canadians or the Vancouver Canucks.  Screw them, I want the United States to win something in hockey this year.

-Sorry to the NHL purists out there but I find Sidney Crosby absolutely boring to watch. I never feel like I need to watch him even though he is the best. People out there are probably ready to choke me but as a casual fan, he brings nothing to the table.  If I am the NHL, I would want to figure how to make Sid the Kid more marketable.

-I jumped on the Boston Bruins bandwagon because well, I rule out the Penguins, Habs, Flyers, so they are the defaulted choice.  I don't know if they can make it to the Stanley Cup with all the injuries that are mounting right now.  Tuukka Rask might be my favorite player left in the playoffs and you gotta love 43 year old Mark Recchi doing work out there.

-I never saw myself as someone would cheer for a Chicago team but I am riding the Blackhawks in the Western Conference. I mean they are the closest to Milwaukee and they have a vat of young talent who are all very exciting.  I would probably watch every game if there was a Boston-Chicago Final.

-The last part of it, I am so happy to see the Detroit Red Wings down 3-1.  They are in the same fan club with New York Yankees Fan Club that I talked about in the LBJ post and others, I do not feel like putting them all done.  

-Charlie.

No comments: