The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Game 2 Ramblings

Seriously right now, I realize that my writing is slacking but really I had finals and I didn't feel like writing for awhile. Anyways, you will get basically NBA playoffs posts and the Milwaukee Brewers, maybe I should give you another baseball post about overall thoughts of the season so we will do three for you guys today. NBA, MLB, Brewers... I do this because I love all my readers, also I am officially putting pictures on every blog post. 

-I think everybody knows the Boston Celtics- Los Angeles Lakers will be playing in the NBA Finals and we all want to see because they are the two best teams left and the rivalry is unmatched like any other because it's always for the championship.  It's totally different than just meeting the playoffs but we have to talk about the Orlando Magic and the Suns so here we go with Boston/Orlando and Phoenix/Los Angeles

-The Celtics are playing this 'we are going to kick your ass' and not really care if you like or not.  I am not seeing this out of the Lakers nor any other team. They are just flexing their muscles and acting like they are scared of no one.  The Lakers have more of a calm approach and the Celtics just have this gritty ability about them.

-I think the one thing we love about playoffs in professional sports is that players will make a complete name for themselves in a mere two months.  Rajon Rondo is doing that and no one would have had Rondo is his top five point guards list before the playoff started, now he is top 3 or... maybe the best?  I haven't seen Rondo's arsenal be stopped by any one in the league even LeBron James.  Yes, LBJ shut him down scoring wise, but he still made things happen by creating space in the floor.  In addition, Rondo is definitely a guy I would pay to see at Bradley Center and on my list of jerseys I would love to own.  Also because the Celtic green is awesome.  

-Vince Carter proves why he is a choke.  There is no question about it after he shanked both free throws, once from the left and once to the right. I sadly owned a Carter jersey in Toronto back in day but after reading Bill Simmons' book, I have done a complete 180 about VC because I realize how much of the "me" guy he really is and doesn't deserve the hype he gets. Like I said on Twitter, "It never fails that VC fails to step up in big moments. What a choke artist, only one worse is cousin T-Mac."

-I think ESPN should do a "40 for 40" on Rasheed Wallace abilty to step it up in the playoffs after mailing in the entire regular reason. Sheed looked like he could give shit for the entire year and now he is killing it in the playoffs. A special sit down with Wallace about coming up big in the playoffs next on ESPN!

-We were talking in the beautiful lounge of 223 about how to beat this year Magic and it really is all about letting Dwight Howard getting his and cutting off all his resources. I wonder if he learned from his alma mater because this is something that Buzz Williams has done in the past couple of years with the lack of big men, he would let Shrek, and Greg Monroe get his. 

-Now on to the Suns, I really think the games might be getting to Steve Nash even though he had some time off, I believe he is tired.  He hasn't taken over a game in the first two games, and four guys including one bench guy scored more points than Nash last night.  That isn't a good sign if you are a Suns fan and Nash needs to try to 'get his' more than facilitating the ball.

-Only Jared Dudley stepped up on the bench for the Suns, and everyone else is appearing to a disappearing act. Channing Fyre, Gordan Dragic, and Leandro Barbosa all didn't do anything for the Suns so far in the two games and this isn't a good sign either. I think the Lakers might be able to sweep this thing or go to five games at best.

-Kobe Bryant seems to be doing everything for the Lakers and unlike Nash, I said it before he is getting better and better with all of the games.  I mean he drops 21 5 rebs 13 asst which is an awesome game and a career high for Kobe.  Do I think that Kobe gets it that the Suns cannot keep up with the scary front line of Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum?  Yes, yes i do... I think Bryant will be passing the ball more in the next couple of games and B-squared asked me if surprised me that Kobe's career high in assists was last night?  Nope, he never needed to pass the ball because Derk Fisher and others made sure they got the ball to Shaq and let's face Kobe thought about himself more than usual in the last ten years ago plus no way he gets 13 dishes with the likes of Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. 

-Also Amar'e don't wake up the sleeping giant that is Lamar Odom because he will inflict pain on you and also Amar'e if you are going to run your mouth... play defense next time... okay?  I got Lakers in 5 and Boston in a sweep.

-Charlie.

No comments: