The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, February 5, 2010

Why I Probably Hate your 21st Birthday Party

I would consider this my rant of the week and this stems from the first couple weekends of the spring semester.  It also comes from my friend and interviewee this week Eric and I's conversation about this very topic.

Girls have made their 21st birthday party like it's their goddamn super sweet sixteen party and they just need to have every one of their friends there.  They really could care less about getting drunk rather let's go out to dinner for drinks, then they head back to whosever house throwing this mega rager. 

Now I will say that obviously when you turn 21, you are going to throw some sort of party with your friends because you want to get drunk wtih them like other weekends except do it legally without having the cops breathe down your necks. 

I just feel that girls like most things in life take it over the top with their celebrations.  Yes, it's a special birthday but I feel they act like it is the most important date of the year.  You have to wish them happy birthday on their Facebook wall and include something in your status about "going out with my girl so-so legally!!!!! OMFG!!!!."   What is this a National Holiday?   I understand your excitement but it's completely unnecessecary to let your friends know exactly what they will be doing lately.

Birthday wishes are another thing, I stopped that doing that shit after my first year of using Facebook. I find it weird and creepy if someone who I haven't talk to in awhile wishes me a Happy Birthday.  On another note, I try to  thank people who do wish me a Happy Birthday because I am a nice guy, simple as that.

So ladies you can keep inviting me to your birthdays but at the same time, I am going to be bitching the entire time I am there.

-Charlie.

No comments: