The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, February 25, 2010

5 Places LDT Takes His Slide

I am trying a new thing here on Chuck's Corner.  I want to be involved more with the NFL/NBA/MLB Free Agency and I like to be right about things so I am doing the "5 Places" game with certain players.  This week, it's LaDainian Tomlinson and Julius Peppers.  Once I know Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos will be dealt, I will probably include him too.  I didn't add Brian Westbrook because I feel he has nothing left in the tank compared to LDT.  I think Tomlinson could be a number one for a bad team and a great second option for a good team, making them a great team. 

a.)  New Orleans Saints- The King of New Orleans' Drew Brees has been publicly campagining on his Twitter account to get Tomlinson back as a teammate and right now, I think Brees can really do whatever he wants. Although, LDT is a bigger, older version of Reggie Bush who let me add is owed a bunch of money this year so if Tomlinson there, it means Mr. Kim Kardashian is somewhere else.  Odds:  40 to 1

b.) Minnesota Vikings- This has been another team whose talking heads have been talking about the prospects of bringing in Tomlinson to convince Brett Favre to play another season with the Vikes.  I think the combination of Peterson-Tomlinson is Super Bowl good but honestly, I could see them bringing in a guy like Westbrook who knows the Chris Hanson Predator Watchlist's own Brad Childress' offense.  I have a hard time seeing this happen.  Odds: 100 to 1 

c.) New England Patriots- I think this is too easy of an option, I mean the Pats have been known in the past to bring in old running backs (see Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor) in hopes that they have something left.  Dillon helped them win a Super Bowl and Taylor was well... Fragile Freddy again. They could use a running back to complement Quarterback Tom Brady and LDT would work out with the Pats' short passing offense. Odds 7 to 1

d.) Seattle Seahawks- This is probably one you might not have expected but think about it, Pete Carroll has always used his running back in the passing game throughout the years at USC.  LDT is a carefree type of a guy who would totally buy into Carroll's relaxed atmosphere and the Seahawks need to make a splash for their fans because let's face it they play in the "WNBA of divisions".  They can win the division with a couple moves.  Odds 10 to 1

e.) Green Bay Packers- People have been campaigining for this to happen, but let me tell you I HATE the offseason for the Packers is always about "hey this guy would be good or this guy would be the difference."  It never fails, every year this happens. I think LDT would be a nice addition to the Packers, but I did like Brandon Jackson's production at the end of the year.  Who knows maybe this will be year that Ted Thompson decides to do something in the offseason.  Odds 50 to 1  

-Charlie.

No comments: