The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Top Five of the Week: Dunk Contest Moments

I decided to do my personal Top Five Dunks in one of my favorite days of the year, the Slam Dunk Contest. Now, I will admit to you that I am putting stuff into my top five that I have personally witnessed while I agree that what Spud Webb, and Nique' vs. MJ probably trumps what I have seen, I am a young pup sorry.

1. Vince Carter Makes a Name for Himself-  He had put everybody on notice in 2000 that he was the best dunker around and arguably the best slasher until the knee injuries and Dwyane Wade came along.   All of these dunks are unreal and seriously, I have never seen a crowd more electric for a dunk contest.  I also had one of those purple/black Carter jerseys, just sick. 

2. Steve Nash's Header to Amar'e Stoudamire- This was probably the coolest thing I have seen done on the basketball court.  Once again, great commentary from Smith and the dunk with the great pass from Nash. Not to mention, Stoudemire and Josh Smith had a great battle in this one.

3. Jason Richardson vs. Desmond Mason- I think one of the bigger reasons I love the Slam Dunk Contest is Kenny Smith's reactions to it.  This was an awesome night where J-Rich needed a 49 to beat Mason in the finals, just an awesome finishing dunk. 

4. Dwight Howard's 2008 Performance-  Now I know there is some controversy with Howard's claim to being Superman but this was one of the most creative string of dunks.  The one off the top of the shot clock was the best dunk of the night, not even the 12 foot one because he threw the dunk through.  Once again, I love Kenny Smith. 

5. Stevie Franchise Wishes VC Wasn't Around - The same year as Carter and seriously, I think he wins in the next three years with some of the dunks he did.  For his size, he just put together an awesome array of dunks.  Also I had a pair of Franchises, which if you forget were red while I played on a team with green uniforms... I could care less what people thought of them. 

Enjoy it, I got Shannon Brown tomorrow

-Charlie.

No comments: