The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

USA USA USA

The Olympics needed a story.  Sure the medal count of the USA was as impressive as the drinking the house of 223 Broadway is going to do this weekend but the real story is the US Men's Hockey Team.  Now, I do not know much about hockey so I will try my best to write about them as much as possible. 

You probably will not believe me, but I thought the US Hockey had the Bill Simmons' theory "Nobody Believes In Us theory."  I thought the hockey team featured no stars and they were the enemies going into Vancouver, Canada.  There was absolutely no pressure on the team and they are playing like it right now.  Ryan Miller, the goalie of the US Hockey team has been awesome so far and I knew Miller was an awesome player for the Buffalo Sabres.  Miller is the MVP so far even more so than Brian Rafelski who has 5 goals right now I believe. The United States will go as far as Miller will go.

Do I think the US can win the gold?  Yes BUT I am worried they might not be able to get it done with the power of Russia standing in their way.  The Russians are damn good and I think they will be waiting for the United States in the gold medal game if the US gets past Switzerland and Finland/Czech Republic.   I feel the Russians with Alexander Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, and Ilya Kovalchuk is a dominate force of offense players and in my opinion is the best team left.

I will still be cheering my country on strong and I hope you do too. Also NBC continues their 2010 year of Epic Fail with not putting this on NBC HD.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Your Canadian Friend :) said...

Russia and the US would only meet in the Gold Medal Game and Canada plays Germany tonight to see who plays Russia in the Quarterfinal. Canada will beat Russia and get their revenge in the final. Also, look for the Canadian woman to thrash the US in the gold medal game on Thursday.