The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, October 2, 2009

Week Four NFL Picks

The reason we are early with the picks is because I will be without a computer all weekend in Stout and if I remember enough, I will have a running diary from the visit with my roommate E. Also the Packer-Viking game will be covered on Monday in a big article but I will tell you the score here.

Detroit (1-2!) at Chicago (2-1)- The Lions have finally done it, there were some tears and a lot of joyous celebration. The Bears could be filed under the luckiest team so far this season but the young Matthew Stafford will have trouble with the Bears D, no doubt. CHI 27-10

Cincinnati (2-1) at Cleveland (0-3)- These games are usually in the high 40s for some reason but with Derek Anderson as the new quarterback, there will be more turnovers then a small town bakery. I can only hope for a sweet Chad OchoCinco dance. CIN 38-14

Seattle (1-2) at Indianapolis (3-0)- The Colts have looked like they haven't missed a beat without Anthony Gonzalez and Tony Dungy now take on a banged up Seahawk team. Also add to the fact, its a noon start and west coast teams don't do that. IND 35-20

NY Giants (3-0) at Kansas City (0-3)- The Giants once again get another cakewalk game playing one of the worst teams in the NFL and they should have no problem dominating in this one. NYG 28-3

Baltimore (3-0) at New England (2-1)- These are the weeks that I wish I had DirectTV because I will probably see DET/CHI and SEA/INDY. I would much rather see this game because I think the Ravens are unproven and the Pats always seem to have their number (won the last four). It will be a classic in Boston on Sunday. NE 31-28

Tampa Bay (0-3) at Washington (1-2)- Now for my own entertainment to see the Skins lose to Tampa who couldn't find offense in the Texas Tech playbook that would be just awesome. I cannot see it happening but don't expect a blowout. WASH 17-6

Tennessee (0-3) at Jacksonville (1-2)- We discussed the Titans earlier in the week and this is a complete must-win for them. The Jags have been okay but nothing really has come out of their team yet. I think the Titans roll in this one. TEN 34-13

Oakland (1-2) at Houston (1-2)- The Texans lose this one then they might as well kiss da baby. The Raiders have a quarterback who isn't ready and the match up of the day has to be Andre Johnson versus the Raider secondary. Close until the fourth. HOU 24-13

NY Jets (3-0) at New Orleans (3-0)- CBS IF YOU LOVE ME... PLEASE LET ME SEE THIS GAME. I had to bust out the caps because this is the one game I would love to see minus the Pack/Vikes. I like both teams but I think the dome factor will rattle Matt Sanchez plus Darrelle Revis cannot do it all. NO 27-20

Buffalo (1-2) at Miami (0-3)- The Phins need this one bad and the Bills need to hope that T.O. wakes up from his coma this week although I thought he was the winner against the media this week. I think the home team gets done this week. MIA 24-10

St. Louis (0-3) at San Francisco (2-1)- Rough one for the Niners last week but this is the perfect team to play. They shouldn't have an issue with the Rams. SF 38-17

Dallas (2-1) at Denver (3-0)- It's time to find out if the Broncos are for real and you have to think they have the crowd behind them in this one. The Cowboys get Marion Barber back, which is big time trouble for the home team. DALL 24-21

San Diego (2-1) at Pittsburgh (1-2)- I am amazed the Steelers are under .500 but Troy Polomalu absence has to be having an effect on them. I almost like Phillip Rivers to tear up their secondary but cannot go against the Steelers in a night game. PITT 24-17

Green Bay (2-1) at Minnesota (3-0)- More to come on Monday but 28-24 Packers.

-Charlie.

No comments: