The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, October 29, 2009

NBA Pacific Preview

Here the deal I am not going to give you another post on playoff predictions because its too early first off and second of all, I just am done with the NBA for awhile in terms of writing. I like it will be the Lakers-Celts again, I trust in KG's knee to stay healthy and I like the aggressiveness that Boston will play with all year. The Lakers just seem way too deep to be stopped in the postseason. In addition, watch out for the Spurs and Magic to make some noise though.

1. Los Angeles Lakers: KEY PLAYERS: SG Kobe Bryant, SF Ron Artest, PF Pau Gasol: OUTLOOK: You could added Lamar Odom, or Andrew Bynum to that list as well because like I said up top, they are so deep. It can be any of those five guys on a given night and I am beginning to really like the comparison of Dennis Rodman-Ron Artest with Phil Jackson. PREDICTION: 1st in the Western Conference.

2. Phoenix Suns: KEY PLAYERS: PG Steve Nash, PF Amare Stoudamire, SG Jason Richardson OUTLOOK: I love that this team can run again with guys listed above and I think Earl Clark will be a hell of a rookie for them too. I think they have a rebound year back in the playoffs. PREDICTION: 7th in the Western Conference.

3. Los Angeles Clippers: KEY PLAYERS: PG Baron Davis, PF Blake Griffin, SG Eric Gordon OUTLOOK: The Clips let me down last year playing like complete dogshit but Davis looks much more trim than last year plus when Griffin returns from injury, they will have a nice inside-outside game. PREDICTION: 8th in the Western Conference.

4. Golden State Warriors: KEY PLAYERS: SF Stephen Jackson, SG Monta Ellis, F Anthony Randolph OUTLOOK: People are real high on Randolph becoming an absolute stud and I think Jackson will be out of Golden State before November is over letting him take control of the team. They are a mess though and will continue to be all year. PREDICTION: 13th in the Western Conference.

5. Sacramento Kings: KEY PLAYERS: SG Kevin Martin, PF Jason Thompson, PG Tyreke Evans OUTLOOK: Could be a very ugly season for the Kings and shooting for that top spot in the draft seems very likely. Martin is their only scorer and the rest do not do much for me. OUTLOOK: 14th in the Western Conference.

-Charlie.

No comments: