The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, October 8, 2009

NCAA Week Six Picks: Celebrating 600

I cannot believe that 600 is already here. I know I haven't posted as much but its a really busy semester. I will try my best to keep you updated on everything. I hope to have Brewer grades and where the Crew should go next year.

1. Florida-at 4. LSU- The big will he or won't he question has been there all week about Tim Tebow and he is still isn't cleared to play. I think he will play but Meyer will wait until the very latest so Les Miles cannot game plan. I think this will be a battle with the Gators coming out on top late. UF 28-24

2. Texas-vs. Colorado- The Buffs are bad once again and you have to wonder if our favorite coach Dan Hawkins is under fire? Well maybe he will be after Colt McCoy lays a lickin' on them. TEXAS 42-16

3. Alabama-at 20. Ole Miss- I am putting the Tide on Upset Alert, I think this will be a close defensive battle and they are missing stud linebacker Tim Hightower which could really affect them. I think the Tide squeak one out but it will not be pretty. BAMA 20-17

4. LSU-SEE 1. Florida

5. Virgina Tech-vs. Boston College- The Hokies had some problems with Duke last week and BC got a big win against Florida State last week. I do not see an upset brewing in Blacksburg this week. VT 28-14

9. Ohio State-vs. Wisconsin- Upset Alert II, I think the Badgers have somewhat be disrespected so far this year. They have had some nice wins to put them in the bottom half and they almost beat the Buckeyes at home last plus they always play well at the Shoe. Bucky will come close again but heartbreak is one the way. OSU 21-14

10. TCU-at Air Force- The Horned Frogs are becoming the new BYU to me, they just get one my nerves and with that being said, playing a Falcon team whose not bad. I will pull for the upset. AF 34-28

11. Miami-vs Florida A&M- The U off a fresh win against the Sooners, they will not have any issues disposing this opponent. MIA 45-0

12. Iowa-vs. Michigan- Could have been there with JS but the drive was too taxing. I really think the Hawkeyes are playing the best Big 10 ball so far and their defense will confuse Tate Forcier all game long. IOWA 20-9

13. Oregon-at UCLA- The Ducks have discussed letting LaGarrette Blout back on the team and I am all for letting the "Ron Artest of College Football" rejoin us. The Pratts shouldn't have that much difficulty in this one, the Bruins are banged up. ORE 31-17

14. Penn State-vs. Eastern Illinois- A nice break from the Big 10 for the Nittany Lions as they should steamroll in this one. PSU 49-3

15. Oklahoma State-at Texas A&M- The Cowboys are facing a big time distraction with the ineligibility questions with their prime time receiver Dez Bryant and head into tough Kyle Field. The Aggies got smashed by the Razorbacks last week so they haven't proven anything yet. OSU 35-21

16. Kansas-vs. Iowa State- The Cyclones haven't shown much this year and the Jayhawks have been looking great on offense so far this season. I do not see anyone stopping Todd Reesing. KAN 41-13

17. Auburn-at Arkansas- The Tigers have made me look like an asshole after I called them out for hiring Gene Chizik. It looks good so far with the spread offense and they will be going up against one of the originators. Should be a good battle but I take the Tigers by a FG. AUB 20-17

18. Brigham Young-at UNLV- I really wonder what happens when the Fightin' Chets head to Las Vegas, I am sure they just lock the hotel room and stay there. No matter, they will get the win for sure. BYU 35-7

19. Oklahoma-vs. Baylor- I believe Sam Bradford will be absent from this game as well but it will not be an issue with the Bears being without their stud Robert Griffin, blowout city. OKLA 42-10

20. Ole Miss-SEE 3. Alabama

21. Nebraska- at 24. Missouri- Big time showdown rivalry tonight with the Tigers showing recent domination of this series after losing twenty-four straight. We do not know much about either team so this will be a good barometer. I will take the Tigers at home. MIZZOU 27-23

22. Georgia Tech-at Florida State- Oh boooy. This is a huge game for the Noles if they lose the pressure will be raised on Bobby Bowden to new levels and I can see it happening. The Yellow Jackets will pull away in the fourth. GT 24-14

24. Missouri- SEE 21. Nebraska

25. South Carolina-vs. Kentucky- The Gamecocks move into the Top 25 after their win against Ole Miss and they have looked really good on defense. I feel the Gamecocks should have no worries in this one. USC 24-10

-Charlie

No comments: