The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Orange Crush are Back

Well I am wrong again. This happens a lot when you make a ton of predictions but no excuses made. I made this comment... "With everything that has happened and that is continuing to happen, isn't inevitable with that schedule Denver will be drafting top five? I think so." I took the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders ahead of them shoot me now. Both of them are worst off than someone who pisses off Hank Moody.

I honestly cannot believe how successful the Broncos have been so far and it's not like they are beating cupcakes in the NFL. I thought there is no chance that Kyle Orton can actually lead a team to be a playoff contender or maybe.... a Super Bowl Contender. But I really should have looked at it more closely, I mean McDainels was apart of a team that made Matt Cassel into a star last season. Orton wasn't horrible in Chicago and the other thing he never had a receiver like Brandon Marshall. I still think the guy is a thug but he can play football. Marshall is as physical as anyone in the league and he makes plays unlike most in the NFL right now.

The other thing the Broncos have going for them is a punishing 3-4 defense led by Elvis Dumervil who moved to OLB, a shift that some haven't made that smoothly (paging Aaron Kampman) and then corner back Champ Bailey has been stellar showing signs of his great play in years past. The defense is the real reason why the Broncos are off to a 5-0 start.

The final thing the Broncos have going for them is a young, energetic coach. I hated the Broncos for beating the Packers in the Super Bowl but honestly, I cannot hate no longer. I love the emotion Josh McDainels showed after beating the teacher last weekend and he is a guy I would absolutely love to play for.

-Charlie.

No comments: