The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, October 15, 2009

LCS Picks Where the Nation Endures Chip Carey & Joe Buck

Here are the picks for the final four of baseball. I think even though there were sweeps during the division series I thought the playoffs were off to a good start. The Cardinals-Dodgers had a lot of competitive games and the Twins-Yankees was also a great series despite the sweep.

NL
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers- I think this has the makings to be a great series because you have a team in LA who might not have a better time then now to win a World Series. In addition, they have a solid bullpen, which is like having a great offensive line in playoff football. The Phillies have this great offense and Cliff Lee has proven already he can take a team on his back yet their bullpen is still shaky. I could care less what you say about Brad Lidge two saves in the first series, he is still Lidge aka better version of Derrick Turnbow. I would like to pick LA but I have to stick to my guns at the beginning of the season. PHILLY in six

AL
Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Yankees- The Angels played great in the first series and so far has been getting thrown under the table so far. No one realized how good their pitching staff is and Torii Hunter has been playing out of mind so far. You can tell he wants a ring and they have a lineup of guys hitting .300. The Yanks have Alex Rodriguez now hitting out of his mind thanks to Kate Hudson and now they become a true threat. I worry about the three-man pitching staff but CC Sabathia looked impressive in the first series. None of those pitchers struggled and its a big risk for Yanks if they lose. I think New York offense is too tough for anyone. NY in five.

-Charlie.

No comments: