The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

White Towel Has Been Waved.

I just want to let everyone know before they read these next two posts that I am very angry and probably will say some things that I regret yet I do not care.  And if you think I sound like prick then you are probably right, just in a bad mood about the world of sports right now.  First, we will start with the Milwaukee Brewers.

A team who has scored 3 runs in the last three games, has kicked the ball around like a Little League team, replaced their All-Star ace with Doug Davis, in the series against San Francisco they have went a masterful 0-16 with runners in scoring position, and they face Tim Linecum tomorrow night. Fuck me right?  

They have fallen to 10 games under .500 and the team who looked so good in a three game sweep against the Minnesota Twins is ready for the bottom to fall out.  They are the most frustrating team in baseball this year and maybe in history, one week we will have pitching and no hitting/defense, then the next week we tear the cover off the ball with no pitching and probably a leaky bullpen. I really believed after Seattle series that the Brewers had turned the corner and even after a split in St. Louis I saw some promise. 

Then the unclutch skills of the team came out to play.  My dad calls them a bunch of gaggers (not like Sasha Grey) because he feels none of them want to rise to occasion.  He doesn't think they want to be 'that guy' and hope that 'other people step up'.  I tried for a long time to dismiss this theory but it keeps happening where the Crew cannot advance a runner who begins on second base with a leadoff double.   I cannot understand it.

I will admit my knee jerk reaction for the Brewers to fire Ken Macha in May was the wrong one because I haven't seen enough bad baseball to say he deserves to be fired.  I don't know anymore, I believe a commenter or a buddy mine talked about how it was more Doug Melvin than anybody else.  I have trouble with that one because he has done so many good things but could it be the Major League Baseball version of the Detroit Pistons where the little guy leaves (Jack Z./John Hammond) and the boss falls apart without him? I need more time for that one.

So yes I am done thinking this team will get to the playoffs and accept the fact that this isn't our season. I also accept that Prince Fielder, Corey Hart and others might get dealt. I hope not but I understand if it happens. Look at this way, you can all print this out if something great happens in the next three months and prove me wrong...

But I doubt it.

-Charlie.

No comments: