The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4. The Michael Myers of the NBA

One of the bigger questions going on right now is bringing three of the bigger names of the NBA to one team a good thing?  I have wonder the same thing, and honestly it is good for one big time reason... we finally have a villain in the NBA. 

If you think about the NFL, NHL, College Football/Basketball, and MLB have hated teams that nobody can stand (Cowboys, Red Wings, Fightin' Irish, Wildcats, Yankees). The NBA hasn't had that since Detroit's Bad Boys teams who did some classless things throughout their years.  It could be argued the 90s New York Knicks also were a hated team, and that the Los Angles Lakers have always been hated. As much as when LeBron James signed, I thought many people would begin their jump to the bandwagon because of James. I do not think that is happening like I thought it would.

People who didn't mind James really do not like him anymore.  Everyone talks about how much of a 'douche' he was about the whole process and that they cannot stand the Heat.  I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the backlash for a team who just brought back Dwyane Wade, and brought in Chris Bosh/James. This team had to well-liked but they vaulted the Lakers as the number hated team.

This will be a team that when they go to opposing arenas, the chorus of boos will rain down on them like if it was a monsoon. I couldn't imagine some of the people who supported James through the years will be on his side this year.  In addition, can someone clarify if James does his powder toss on the road? If so, fans should ask their management to not allow James to do that as another big FU. 

People love to say "God I am really glad the Yankees/Cowboys/Fightin Irish are sucking, it just puts a smile on my face when they lose."  A lot of people including myself will be happy when the Heat lose even though they have a Marquette graduate on the team, no one wants see a super team succeed. Finally, DWade has his ring, why does LeBron need one too? 

-Charlie.

No comments: