The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7. Boozer Doesn't Scare Me

All weekend I was around a couple Bulls fans who were depressed about losing out on LeBron James and I tried to lighten the mood by saying "HEY, at least you got Boozer!"

They liked the deal and still believe they can be the third or fourth best team in the NBA. I also liked the deal because Boozer is a double-double machine that is a tough nose defender and they have a formidable front line. Not to mention, they also added Kyle Korver for some three-point shooting and with the Cavs probably out of the picture, people are penciling them into the Central Division. But what about  the Milwaukee Bucks?

I think this year will be the first year of a long going rivalry between the Bulls-Bucks, much in the way we as Milwaukeeans and Wisconsinites hate the Chicago Cubs.  The reason why some people do not have the same animosity for the Bulls is Michael Jordan. So many 18-25 year olds growing up were huge Jordan supporters therefore they jumped on the Bulls bandwagon and I have heard guys tell me "Still have something in my heart for the Bulls due to the Jordan years."  This goes out the window this year. 

The Bulls now have two of the biggest whiners in the middle with Joakim Noah/Carlos Boozer. Both of those guys bitch more than any of the Real Housewives shows on Bravo. They complain about calls and they're over-the-top emotional when they do well. Granted, I would love them both if they played for the Bucks but that's not the point. Chicago will be a playoff team and a top 5 team in the East, although in my opinion, they will probably play Milwaukee in the first round.

I think these two teams are the fourth and fifth best teams in the Eastern Conference. Both have key role players that will be big parts of the team. In addition,the Bulls probably have the only star with Derrick Rose (can't s say Brandon Jennings yet but he could be there during this season) will probably be a time and a half better than last season. It's tough for me to say which team is better right now, maybe the Bulls due to the Rose factor. Still the Deer needs to feared.

-Charlie.

No comments: