The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Let's Talk About Golf

I watched maybe an hour or two hours of the British Open this weekend, which was probably an all time low for me for a major golf tournament in awhile. Granted, I had to work a lot but if I didn't I would not have made it a point to wake up to watch it with the blowout inflicted by Louis Oosthuizen.

He played some great golf and I am not taking that away from him, but no one wants to see a nobody blow away the competition. It's an impression and who knows with his age (27), Oosthuizen could make some waves. I just want one of these nobodies to win some majors or at least be around in the top 10 in big tournaments. That's what pisses me off is a lot of these nobodies do not do anything after they win a major. I think they have the theory of 'this is the apex, I never expected a major championship so now that I am here, I don't need to try as hard.' 

When it all boils down to it, I miss Tiger Woods' dominance. I loved the tournaments where Tiger would blow away the competition like Oosthuizen did this weekend because it just proved he was the best player in the world.  I think he probably will never regain the form that he once had because he is getting older, not due to the scandal.  Woods will get his first win some point and it will be great, yet Tiger will not be that same player who could win the major slam.

-Charlie.

No comments: