The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, July 26, 2010

CP3 Stays Loyal For Now...

I have to admit I was pretty upset to learn that Chris Paul wanted out of New Orleans after one disappointing year and gave his personal wish list of places he would like to play. Honestly, it couldn't have made me more mad because I am old school in terms of loyalty, I like it when it happens but I also understand that it's a business more than I like to believe. 

So today when I heard from ESPN and others that Paul seemed extremely positive after the meeting with the management after he acted as if he didn't want to be apart of the Nola, he had this to say...
             "I expressed my desire to win and I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team. I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come."

I am glad Paul went that route because even though New Orleans doesn't clutch on him as much as they did before the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory, they still need Paul.  That arena and the team will die faster than anything going on in Cleveland right now and once again, kill professional basketball in the state of Louisiana.

Paul worried that New Orleans couldn't win with the team they have and honestly, I don't see it. I think the Western Conference isn't as strong as it's been in years past. If Paul can stay healthy, the Hornets will find themselves in the playoffs.  They have good veterans like Peja Stojakovic, David West, Emeka Okafor and James Posey. Not to mention, two talented young guys who came on strong last season-Marcus Thornton and Darren Collison. The lineup of Paul-Thornton-Peja-West-Okafor would not be a bad one to make a playoff run with a couple guys contributing off their bench.

In my opinion, Paul wanted what his buddy LeBron James just got. All the attention in the world and a great, not a good team around him so he could win right now.  I have no idea if Paul realized that leaving New Orleans isn't a good move right now or that he just isn't ready to move on from the team who drafted him.

-Charlie.

No comments: