The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Got 99 Problems, But LeBron Aint One.

If you read this blog consistently, you learn a couple things... I make obscure pop culture references, I really suck at grammar, and I am not the biggest LeBron fan like most 18-25 year olds.  I cannot believe I came to his defense after people made it the cool thing to hate LeBron James after Game 2 of the Boston Celtics series because after the shit he pulled today, he deserves to be booed around America for whatever franchise he plays for. 

It went something like this... "Hi, LeBron would like to announce his decision on ESPN like he is a high school player and going to put on the hat of the lucky team." And you are going to watch like little minions because everybody loves LeBron James outside of Los Angeles where anally-denied guy still plays."   

I really wish I could have a 60 minute argument with the guy who loves LeBron James like an eleven year old girl who loves Justin Bieber about this chaos my roommate Bert aka Debbie Downer.  I wonder what he would say when I would tell him that once again I was right.  I told him in February that LeBron James will become Tiger Woods where everybody bows down on their knees loving everything he does and blowing his ego like Pam did Tommy Lee. But you know what the difference is between these two people...

Tiger Woods was the man because he won every tournament in sight, nobody wanted to be in the final group with him, and railed anything in sight. Has anyone ever been scared to face LeBron in a Game 7?  Nope. Has LeBron won an NBA Final Game?  Nope.  Did he have his best performance of the playoffs against an aging Detroit Piston team?  Yup.  Is he the best regular season player we've seen since Karl Malone? Yup  Does this dime piece have more rings than LeBrick?  Yup. People cannot keep giving this guy credit for his regular season accomplishments can they?  I have asked way too many questions about the topic but you get my point by now.

This guy is a self-absorbed egomanic who lives for seeing his name as a trending topic on Twitter.  A guy whose Twitter handle is King James and of course I follow him because I just want to see what kind of shit he will say about the oil spill, Iraq, Arizona immigration, and other things that are important.As Jason Whitlock put it today, "Did Jordan ever call himself "Air Jordan" or did he allow us 2 call him Air? LeBron calling himself King James is a joke. We created monster."  Alot of people hate Whitlock but goddamnit, he was dead on today about James. Same goes for Buzz Bissinger the guy who wrote a book with LBJ and he didn't shy away from calling LeBron 'douche juice.' I couldn't of said it better than myself. 

I really hope that even the truest LeBron supporters will stop buying what he sells.  I respect the fact the man plays basketball unlike anyone else ever has.  I think he might be the best dunker of all time (yet won't join the Dunk Contest, go figure) but I still think he is a shitty teammate. But Chuck, he gets 8 assists a game thats amazing!!!! OMFG... Well little Berty when you have the ball 80 percent of the time, you are able to fill up a stat book. 

LeBron is the definition of what's wrong with most of the media today... Make a person into some kind of superhero who cannot be stopped or does nothing wrong in his life therefore he never gets called out on his bullshit.  Then when the shit hits the fan (it always does with these types), the media has no idea who to spin the story in favor of the ego-riddled superstar leading to them looking like big time assholes.

I will finish our lesson with Kanye West, a guy who owns up to his ego and acknowledges it with this one.. "I wanna act ballerific like it's all terrific. I got a couple past due bills, I won't get specific. I got a problem with spending before I get it. We all self conscious I'm just the first to admit it". 

-Charlie.

3 comments:

Green Bay said...

Finally. I am happy to see someone who isn't obsessed with the man himself (LBJ) and instead, he understands what he (LBJ) hasn't accomplished. I believe that Skip on the (1sr and 10) says it perfect, "Prince James" not King James. Nice work and I feel that you back up your arguements pretty well. Until he starts winning, I don't think James should be in the same conversation as Jordan, Kobe, and other greats. Lebron is comparable to Dr.J, he can impress us all with his gifted talents but could never make his mark is history like the other greats by simply winning. I would love to see a column about Lebron's Legacy after he makes his decision on thursday. Let me know what you think think?

Good Column,

GB

Unknown said...

Yeah the Dr. J comparison is definitely a strong one right now. He is a once in the lifetime player who has a great skill and ability yet he hasn't found that killer instinct.

It's amazing though how many people have slowly turned on LeBron. I always thought his PR people were some of the worst in the business personally.

I am out of town this weekened but maybe I will bring my laptop to work on something for the weekend.

Thanks

Charlie.

mytrell said...

myrtrell wold ball on lebron ho ass da heat aight n shit yo boi mytrell hotta do ballin on niggas no stop

yo a ho chuck

mytrell