The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

USC Might Be Cocky...

One of the stories today that was pretty interesting to me was that Pete Carroll agreed to forfeit two timeouts so his Trojan team could wear their Red home uniforms on the road against UCLA on Saturday.

Granted, Carroll and Rick Neuheisel, head coach of UCLA agreed to doing this because in 1982 when both teams played in the Los Angeles Collisum, they would both wear the home uniforms and it was sort of the tradition to have the teams both wearing their home jerseys.

I think its a bit cocky by the Trojans as they are giving them one of their three timeouts in the second half which could prove to be vital if the game is close although that isnt expected as USC defense looks tougher than most UFC fighters. I dont know if I was a coach I would just give up two timeouts when I have a Pac-10 title on the line. Also if I was Neuheisel, this would be a complete motivational tool as the team shows "no respect to us"

Hopefully this wont come back to bite the Trojans

-Charlie.

No comments: