The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My 200 Post- Whats Going On in the Sports World and a Quick 08 Memory

First off I would like to apologize for not getting picks out for the New Years Eve football games I have been taken advantage of all of the sleep I can. So just a bunch of quick hitters which could of been articles. That is not to say they might not be later on this week but I want to make sure they get mention. No live blog either, I am going to the Marquette-Villanova game tomorrow afternoon. So I am going to just pick the games for the 1st and then have my full analysis on the rest of the games. Expect a weekly NBA talk and a couple college basketball things every week plus any other headlines that occur.

Iowa over South Carolina
Nebraska over Clemson
Georgia over Michigan State
USC over Penn State
Virgina Tech over Cincinnati

-Shanahan shown the door:I am shocked that Mike Shanahan got fired. I really do believe that Wade Phillips will be let go so the Cowboys can get Shanahan. Despite his poor recent playoff record, he has been a solid coach throughout the years.

-Angles sign Fuentes; Cubs trade Derosa: Both things made me very happy because Brian Fuentes was rumored to be the new Brewer closer and I hated the idea of it because of his shaky play throughout the years. What are the Cubs doing really? I mean Derosa is their Mr. Everything and to deal him makes no sense. Also they are rumored to bring in Milton Bradley who is overrated and a head-case.

-Reports Favre has a Bicep Tendon Tear: Granted I think this adds to the legend that is Brett Favre to play through an injury of that nature but to many Jets fans, it looked like a selfish thing to keep his record in tact.

Overall 2008 was one of the best years in sports and I am happy that I was a part of all of it. First off to see the New York Giants take down the evil empire that was the New England Patriots made the whole country happy and there was a sense that parity was back in the NFL. The NBA comes back with a vengeance with up and coming stars plus the NBA Finals between the Celtics and Lakers, life is good again in the NBA. In college basketball, getting to known Stephen Curry this March was something so special, willing his team to the Elite 8 and almost the Final Four. In MLB, to have the Brewers get to the playoffs for the first time in 26 years is a memory that I will always hold close to my heart and for them to have won the first game at Miller Park is so special. I will never take that summer of baseball back. Tiger Woods willing himself to win the US Open on one leg was nothing more than amazing, the best moment in 2008. Finishing a close second was the run Michael Phelps had throughout the Summer Games with him kicking the France National Relay team's ass when not expected and then all of his individual efforts.

Heres to a better 2009.

-Charlie.

No comments: