The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Indiana Keeps Rolling.... Not Blunts, Just a Tranished Program

Where have you gone Bobby Knight?

Coach Knight was a great disciplinarian but that was something Kelvin Sampson knew nothing about. Already known about his program is the multiple illegal recruiting allegations during his Hoosier coaching days but now former Indiana Guard, now Los Angeles Clipper Eric Gordon reveled "Drug use caused a rift in our team last year."

Gordon even went further to saying that he didnt feel comfortable around the team and usually stayed at a family friend's house in Bloomington instead during team gatherings. Also Sampson was well aware that this was going on. It makes me sick that a coach nonetheless was likely protecting players because they were good, no other real reason. It also bothers me he is an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Bucks, my personal wish is he never coaches again.

My big question is what were the drugs? I mean in some schools, they are well-known for marijuana, ask University of Colorado maybe. So its not uncommon to see weed on most major campuses but I wonder if its worse than that. Something maybe like cocaine granted that would be the extreme level. So I dont want to go to far and its very possible that Gordon knew he had a future and didnt want to jeopardize that with a bunch of potheads. If thats the case, then good for Gordon and I am glad he stood up against an awful coach.

-Charlie.

No comments: