The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sam Mitchell Gets Dimissed

The Raptors, a team full with hype at the beginning of the season ousted their head coach, Sam Mitchell after getting their asses kicked in Denver and posting an 8-9 record.

First off I dont like how the NBA is becoming like the NHL as they fire coaches at random throughout the season. Mitchell firing makes sense somewhat but here's the deal, you have a team who has big talent, Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal, and Jose Calderon. Plus the emergence of the #1 pick of three years ago, Andrea Bargnani so its a team that should be around the fourth-sixth seed in the playoffs without question.

I havent watch a single Raptor game all year but from the looks of it, they havent strung together several defeats in a row nor have they several wins. So they are playing like their .500 record shows, whats wrong with that in the beginning of the season? I mean you usually get in the playoffs with a record like that in the NBA Eastern Conference.

Who knows maybe its something a la Ned Yost where the players were not responding to Sam Mitchell therefore a change needed to be made before the season headed down the tubes. In my opinion, that is the most likely scenario and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Raptors in the playoffs come April.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not found a single person that agrees with me that the Toronto Raptors have 2 monstrous big men. Chris Bosh has proven every year since hes been in the league that he is in the top 5 for the list of power forwards. However, people keep giving me crap that Jermaine O'neal is old and washed up. The guy has put up at least 19 pts 8 reb 2.3 blocks for the last 6 years. He was injured last year(big issue for him) but that does not mean hes not dominating when healthy. Let me know if you agree Chuck

Unknown said...

Show your friends this then. I agree with you, I think that O'Neal still have some tank in the gas and esp. when he is the second opiton so the focus diverts off of him.