The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Answer to the Mets Problems

Yes I know there are more pressing issues at hand but with finals upcoming, I am not having enough time to post every bit of news I am hearing lately. The biggest one lately is Francisco Rodriguez is now a Met after signing a 3 yr. 37 million dollar deal with the Mets.

I myself think thats an outrageous deal to give a closer even though he has been a force the past couple of years, he has seemed to break down once the months of September and October roll around in the past couple of years. The only reason why the money makes sense is because he is playing in the National League now, and only a few teams have seen the electric stuff he has. I am positive he will be successful in his years in New York and once again, they look like the power of the National League.

The big question is... will this finally take them over the hump? My answer is-Most likely IF they get some middle relief help. It will do them no good to have a top three closer if they cannot get to him in tight situations. Granted, having Wagner out hurt the Mets but it didnt do as much damage as the middle relief. They need to shore up that issue if they want to sniff the playoffs this year.

Now moving on to other big disappointing signings....

-Charlie.

No comments: