The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, December 4, 2008

NFL Picks Week 14: Dont Worry I'm Not Suspended

Well here we go with the home stretch, some teams still in it others are just hoping to slide in the top 10 on draft day. Here we go.

Oakland (3-9) at San Diego (4-8)- If you are not watching this game, raise your hand! I will be enjoying the Office, 30 Rock, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I will cheer for Pratt's Raiders in hopes that Norv Turner gets the axe, and never is a head coach again. OAK 20-16

Jacksonville (4-8) at Chicago (6-6)- I am somewhat surprised Jack Del Rio hasnt been mentioned about being on the hotseat. People expected big things out of Del Rio this year and it didnt happen. Now they travel to a cold Chicago which will be freezing trust me and will result in another defeat. CHI 24-3

Minnesota (7-5) at Detroit (0-12)- Nothing can go right for the fans of Michigan teams as they saw the Spartans get blown out by 35 in Ford Field something they are used to seeing in that stadium. BUT, Sunday will be your day Detroit as you will win your first game in a stunning upset, why? Because this is classic Minnesota fashion. DET 24-21

Houston (5-7) at Green Bay (5-7)- I find it crazy that the Pack has the same record as Houston and I think it would be 7-5 if McCarthy knew how to manage a game under two minutes. No matter, this is the annual "Shit this is why I dont play for Green Bay and live in the South." GB 31-14

Cleveland (4-8) at Tennessee (11-1)- The Browns are down to their third string quarterback, Romeo Crennel is heading out soon, and they play the Titans who are tied for the best record in football, the Titans will be able to clinch the AFC South title. TEN 34-17

Cincinnati (1-10-1) at Indianapolis (8-4)- Well I am guessing the Bengals hope they can keep it within twenty points which seems doubtful as the Colts have been playing good football as of late. IND 38-10

Atlanta (8-4) at New Orleans (6-6)- A critical NFC South battle which the Saints need a win to keep their head above water in the playoff chase but I think the Falcons should be able to control game with their running game. Expect a shootout though. ATL 35-31

Philadelphia (6-5-1) at New York Giants (11-1)- The Giants have had some serious distractions all week with the Burress Saga and the Eagles showed some life after Donovan McNabb had one of his best games of the year. I think the distractions get to the Giants and the Eagles pull it out on an Akers field goal. PHI 16-13

Kansas City (2-10) at Denver (7-5)- The Chiefs won a game! And Denver continues to prove my point about being utterly inconsistent. Peyton Hills is starting to come on as a running back and the Broncos still banged up get a close victory. DEN 31-21

Miami (7-5) at Buffalo (6-6)- The Bills choked away a chance after losing to the Niners in cold Ralph Wilson Stadium and now they are playing in Toronto this week where I will take the Phins despite the cold, bc Trent Edwards is a game-time decision and other problems. MIA 28-17

New York Jets (8-4) at San Francisco (4-8)- I should have went back into my picks and changed my mind on the Jets pick because I could see the letdown coming from a mile away. Now they play in San Fran which is Brett Favre's second home, should be another successful one for Brett. NYJ 24-10

New England (7-5) at Seattle (2-10)- CBS has a ton of late games for not having a doubleheader first off and we have Deion Branch playing against his old club which really wont make a difference plus Mr. Hoodie is just going to blitz the hell out of them NE 27-13

St. Louis (2-10) at Arizona (7-5)- This is now the fourth straight week that the Cards have had a chance to clinch to the divison and finally the 33 years of waiting will be over as they play the hapless Rams. ARZ 34-9

Dallas (8-4) at Pittsburgh (9-3)- I cant begin to tell you my frustrations of seeing the Steelers every weekend, they are not worth that publicity. A classic matchup but I do not see this one being close, Dallas has no running game if Barber out and the game will be a cold one, I dont like the looks of it for Dallas. PIT 31-17

Washington (8-4) at Baltimore (8-4)- This was a good selection of the SNF matchup and I think the Ravens will prevail in a tight battle because their defense/Joe Flacco have been really strong of late. BALT 17-13

Tampa Bay (9-3) at Carolina (9-3)- No matter what happens in this game, both teams are likely headed to the playoffs but I think the Panthers have more tools to get them by the tough Tampa defense. CAR 28-20

Enjoy the week.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picks Charlie but I noticed you said Carolina and Tampa Bay would both make the playoffs? That means Atlanta could not and you just told me last week that you thought for sure Atlanta would be in the playoffs! Always picking against my team man!

MVP: Michael "The Burner" Turner and ROY Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan

Unknown said...

Whats there to say that all three dont get in, its possible. The Cowboys or Redskins would have play poorly down the stretch for it to happen. You know I like what the Falcons have done this year. Matty Ice is the funniest nickname by the way.