The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, July 28, 2008

Showdown City

I feel that Dickie V should be in Milwaukee this week for the madness that is the four game series between the Cubs and Brewers. I dont even care that I will likely get only one hour of sleep (I know I am still bitchin' but bear with me) because this series is the biggest thing to hit Milwaukee in years. There are radio morning shows broadcasting live, there are police officers creating room in their jail cell for all of the drunkards, and most of all we are preparing to say "Fuck the Cubs" all week long.

I believe that this week will end up being a split and the Brewers will still be one game back of the Cubs come Thursday. I think that the Brewers lost today doesnt mean shit to the series this week because as the wise John Tritschler said today "Baseball is a game of averages, it all has to balance out." He makes a good point because realistically we should of split a series with the St. Louis Cardinals and you know this brings the Crew down to earth a little bit. They arent superman yet and they need to bring their A game to Miller Park everyday.

They will be amped for this series and who tows the rubber tomorrow? None other than CC Sabathia who has dazzled the entire NL posting 4-0 1.36 ERA with three straight complete games and has only allowed 7 hits in the last two games he has pitched. Now his numbers against the Cubs are awful. He got rocked the last time he faced the Cubs but you know thats alright. He will be pumped up and the Crew needs to jump on Ted Lilly so CC has some confidence right off the bat.

Then the next night, Zambrano vs. Sheets. Does it get any better? These two were amazing when they face off in early April and I expect nothing different this time around. Also, I think Sheets will be on top of his game. He pitched alright in the last couple of starts but I really sense a huge start out of him.

Parra vs. Dempster should be another good one seeing that both have been the surprise of the rotation this year. Dempster has been shaky on the road and Parra pitched well against Houston, he just got no run support.

Bush vs. Harden will also be interesting. I personally hope the Brewers just tattooed Harden and the Brewers cruise to victory but I know that is wishful thinking being that Harden has been dominating in his starts although the bullpen for the Cubs always seems to fuck it up for him. I believe he will need to go longer than 5 to beat the Brewers.

The critical part of this series is how the bullpens for each teams fair because they havent been the best in the past week. For the Brewers, if they lose a lead late in a game I believe it will be determinal to them more so than if the Cubs do it. Although I predict one of these games ending late, we shall see.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?" Just think Dickie V whenever a big play happens and how cool it would be to watch a baseball game with him. Put Dickie V and Wendell from the Miller High Life commericals with me and we would easily have the best time in the park.

Lets get it Crew.

-Charlie.

No comments: