The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Top 25 Picks

From now I will make picks every week of the Top 25

1. USC- Bye-Everyone should be thankful

2. Oklahoma- Bye

3. Georgia- At Arizona State- I think that this is one of the best games of the weekend and I could really see it being close most of the way with UGA traveling west of the Mississippi for the first time since 1960 plus dealing with the hot weather although on the other hand ASU's defense is bad enough that it could get out of hand quick. I think Knowshawn Moreno will put it away late for the Dawgs. UGA 34-24

4. Florida- At Tennessee- This game also has the ability to get out of hand because in my personal opinion, the Gators are the second best team in the nation and the Vols are once again one of the most overhyped teams in the nation as they lost to a UCLA team who got drilled by BYU 59-0. The only advantage the Vols have is they are at home although I see that not being an issue for Tim Tebow and the boys as they take care of business and putting this away early UF 42-24

5. Missouri- Buffalo- Last weekend, Buffalo provided us with the best play of the week although they will need a bunch of the luck to keep it close with the Tigers offense. Chase Daniel will roll in this one. Mizzou 56-10

6. LSU- at 10. Auburn- Remember last weekend when Auburn won 3-2, yeah me too. They will need only a couple more points to win this one. I see it being very defense but I think Auburn despite being at home will not be able to hang with LSU. LSU 13-7

7. Texas- Rice- The Owls are a mid-level WAC team which will prove not a challenge for the Longhorns. I see no chance of upset in this one, I know the Owls have a talented WR but I dont think it will be enough at all. UT-52-13

8. Wisconsin-Bye.... Although their LB Jonathan Callisas got a DUI on a moped, way to go John, also not that I condone drunk-driving but what a site that must have been, next time just walk to the bars, John.

9.Alabama- At Arkansas- I think this could be an Upset alert for the Tide because I know the Snake that is Bobby Petrino will have his boys ready for this one and I could see the Razorbacks beating them. Although when its all said and done I think the defense of the Tide will prevail. Bama 23-20

10. Auburn- See 6. LSU

11. Texas Tech- Massachusetts- The Red Raiders might go for 80 in this one, who knows its an FCS team so it should be ugly. TT 70-0

12. South Florida- At Florida International- This game should not be a problem for Grothe and the Bulls of USF although its still a road game and FIU knows how to get in brawls. Thats the only thing I got for FIU, it should be another thrashing. USF 45-14

13. Ohio State- Troy- I really should call them "How to Embarrass the Big 10 101." This game only has interest because the train for Terrelle Pyror to start will get even stronger. The Buckeyes will win easily. OSU 56-17

14. Brigham Young- Wyoming- People are really starting to believe that BYU could be a national title contender. Please I could do it if I was playing Wyoming. The Cougars will handle them without any problems. BYU 41-3

15. East Carolina- At NC State- You know even though the Wolfpack are not supposed to be that good and the Pirates could make a bid for being in the ACC with a win here. I could really see NC State winning, but I do not have that much confidence in them. ECU in a squeaker. ECU 27-24

16. Penn State- The Nittany Lions continue to pick on the weak BCS teams that they have played and it will continue with the Owls. Penn State 45-3

17. Oregon- Boisie State- What thats you say? Oh sorry, the Ducks ask me to play quarterback and I told him I would get them the Heisman easily. I think that this game will be the upset of the weekend as the Ducks do not have a quarterback, and the Broncos can fill the box to stop their running attack. BSU- 24-20

18. Wake Forest- At 24. Florida State- This game is the ACC match up of the week and what conference is worst than the ACC, they are just awful but hopefully this game will provide some entertainment. I think the Noles are quietly rising and will prove themselves this weekend. We can only hope Jen and the FSU Cowgirls are there. FSU 24-21

19. Kansas- Sam Houston State- Mmmm Cupcakes, we all know Mangino would love one, they will pick on the weak. KU 58-0

20 Utah- At Air Force- Once again, I am not a Mountain West expert but I dont think the Falcons are too good plus I was impressed with the Utes when they beat Michigan. Utah 38-9

21. West Virgina- At Colorado- The Big East needs this win bad. They have looked awful so far as a conference and they could really use a win against a Buffalo team that wants to prove themselves to the public. The Mountaineers will not get it done here as Dan Hawkins tell them to "go play intermurals brother!" CU 24-21

22. Illinois- Bye

23. Clemson- South Carolina State- This one wont even be close for 4 minutes. Clemson 63-0

24. Florida State- See 18. Wake Forest

25. Fresno State- At Toledo- People dont consider the Rockets that good this year and I think the Bulldogs can get over their lost to the Badgers as they will win this one handily. FSU 35-14

Happy Pickings.

-Charlie.

No comments: