The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thoughts on CC's First Start and the Brewers' fans Reaction

God bless the Milwaukee Brewers.

In my opinion, that is a greatway to start this post because finally the Brewers have given fans a reason to believe in their team once again. They got the Big Fish of Trade Deadline. The Brewers. Not the Red Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, or Cubs. None of those teams reeled in CC Sabathia who one of my co-workers called the "most dominate pitcher in baseball". In some ways, my co-worker is right because CC won the Cy Young in the American League which is easily the toughest league in baseball. Honestly, I was smiling from ear-to-ear for the last three days getting over the fact that we got CC Sabathia. I also am a huge Sabathia fan, he is a big dude which a laid-back attitude off the field but intense when he is on the mound. In my opinion, those are the best professional athletes that aren't afraid to flash a smile even if they have a gap front tooth.

CC first start as a Brewers was a pretty good one even though he was bit wild. I think that is expected being his first start, having fans rally behind you in the way the Brewers did, and the multiple standing ovation. He made a sweet double play that saved CC from giving up the lead then striking out the next man. After getting out of that inning, he screams his emotions into his glove so jacked, so pumped. I cannot wait to see him play on Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds.

"So give me something to believe Cause I am living just to breathe And I need something more To keep on breathing for So give me something to believe"

That is the chorus of a song by the Bravery called Believe and in my opinion, it sums up my fanhood The Brewers havent mattered to the regular fan in years as they said in a Yahoo article, the Brewers have become the Packers in the city of MILWAUKEE not Green Bay. Its about damn time too. Seeing the Brewers on the front page of the Journal Sentinel on multiple days. I have always said to people if the Brewers get to the playoffs it will be bigger than the Packers in Milwaukee, trust me.

Being a kid who had the Pespi Club pack as a young kid in the middle of the 90s to see the Brewers play at County Stadium and thinking the Brewers were the best team around no matter how bad their record was or how bad their management was. I care about the Brewers more than any team in Wisconsin and to see them get this trade and flourish makes me happier than I can write on the Internet.

-Charlie.

No comments: