The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, September 22, 2008

College Football Wrap-Up

After the games are over on Saturday, either on Sunday or Monday give my thoughts on the week that was with short quick hitters. One of them will probably be expanded into an article the day before my picks (so Wednesday).

SEC has the best teams- I think when you have four top ten teams in your conference which is a third of the overall conference, its safe the say you are the strongest in the Nation. Teams like Georgia and Alabama proved to me their strengths with wins in dominating fashion where I expected the games to be close.

Dont forget the Big 12- They also have four in the top 10 with the addition of Texas Tech this week. They are all looking very strong but they will likely fall off as they seem to. Oklahoma in my opinion is the best all-around in the Big 12.

BYU=Next Hawaii?- They are beating opponents at will and it looks like (ugh) they might be making a run at the BCS but they could easily lose to TCU or Utah. I really hope for no non BCS teams that would be nice.

Bye ECU- I told you guys it would be a squeeker, I just didnt expect the Wolfpack to pull it out in the end. They will probably win their conference but no BCS game for them. If their bball team could get their shit together, they should be apart of the ACC.

I called it- I got Boise State and Colorado right this week and now Boise St. gets thrown in the conversation of BCS-busters. As for the Buffs, proves my point about the Big 12 above, and I think they will hover around the top 25.

Miss that one- FSU-Wake I got wrong, I thought the Seminoles would be able to take advantage of the homefield but both QBs struggled mightly with Wake Forest Defense. The Demon Deacons look to be the class of the ACC.

Finally, thoughts and prayers are with Dante Love from Ball State who will live a healthy life but will never be able to play football again which is a same because he would of been drafted this year in the NFL and the South Florida LB Brouce Mompremier who will only miss 2 weeks after a collision with his teammate.

-Charlie.

No comments: