The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 3 NFL Picks

Here is my last post of the weekend unless something explodes in the sports world. I should have a recap of the weekend that was in football, golf, and the Brewers... no scratch that, i will unload like an AK-47 when the season is over. Here we go with Week 3

Kansas City (0-2) at Atlanta (1-1)- In the game that I only care because I have Michael 'Burner' Turner in a couple fantasy leagues and after Oakland rushed for 300 yards on the Chiefs, lets just say I am pretty excited. The Chiefs are starting Tyler Thigpen a 2 year guy out of Coastal Carolina, yikes this one will be a blowout. ATL- 27-3

Oakland (1-1) at Buffalo (2-0)- Now these feature two teams that I hope for success because Lee Evans still plays for the Bills and was always a favorite Badger of mine. And the Raiders just because I think Lane Kiffen is a good coach and would hate to see him get fired for nothing. Although feelings aside, I think the Bills are for real and all the Bills need to do is just have the right combination of Trent Edwards/Marshawn Lynch and they will take care of business at home. BUF- 20-13

Tampa Bay (1-1) at Chicago (1-1)- I had mentioned the Bucs in the previous post as their golden boy Brian Griese returns to Soldier Field but I do not think it will be a happy one. Even with Devin Hester banged up, I think the Bears have a good enough defense and with Matt Forte at running back, they are solid enough to get it done on offense. CHI 14-9

Houston (0-1) at Tennessee (2-0)- You want to believe that the Texans will come out fired up and wanting to win one for Houston. But as its been shown by their MLB team the Astros, its something that is still on the minds of a lot of players. I think this one will be dominated by the Titans on the defensive end leading them to victory. TEN 28-10

Carolina (2-0) at Minnesota (0-2)- Are we headed for another year where Carolina was suppose to be dogshit and end up being one of the best in the NFC? It feels that way for sure and with Brad Childress bringing in "Head-Butt Extraordinaire" Gus Ferrotte, things dont look good for Minny. If ever Adrian Peterson needs to carry the team, this is it. But that wont happen, I got the Panthers in a close one. CAR 24-21

Miami (0-2) at New England (2-0)- Jonathan Moxson er... Matt Cassel goes for his second start of the year against the Phins and for some reason washed-up linebacker Joey Porter has been talking shit about Cassel saying "He is nothing more than a back-up" well I havent cheered for New England in awhile but I hope Cassel trucks your ass Porter. Pats win big as the Phins offense is worse than the Brewers with RISP. NE 42-10

Cincinnati (0-2) at New York Giants (2-0)- Talk about worse case scenario for the Bengals. Facing a Giant defense who has been stellar as of late and they have an explosive offense that will exploit their shitty defense. I wonder how Ocho Cinco will feel about Carson Palmer still sucking and their team at 0-3. NYG 31-14

Arizona (2-0) at Washington (1-1)- A game that is interesting for the sole fact because the revived Kurt Warner can lead his team to being 3-0 for the first time in decades. Washington is boring to watch in my opinion, they have guys who seem they would be fun to party with but thats about it. Cards will win this one in a back-forth battle. ARI 28-24

Detroit (0-2) at San Francisco (1-1)- Everyone has been on the J.T. O'Sullivan bandwagon lately and it will continue this weekend as we are set for a fashion wild west shootout as both teams provide as much defense as Canada's military. Also Mike Martz coaches for the 49ers now, you dont know think he will just want to run it up on em? Oh yeah, he will and the Lions will fall once again. SF 45-34

St. Louis (0-2) at Seattle (0-2)- Despite the Brewers pissing away everything this September, I keep reminding myself I am not a Seattle fan and thank God. But look on the bright side, you play a team who hasnt scored a touchdown. The Gods finally shine down on Seattle in the most irrelevant game of the week. SEA 31-6

New Orelans (1-1) at Denver (2-0)- This is one that I wish I could watch, I enjoy watching both teams and my hate for the Broncos is finally decreasing after losing the Super Bowl 11 years ago. I think it should be an entertaining game and no quarterback has looked better than Jay Cutler in the first two weeks. I like the Saints but I feel that their defense isnt good enough to handle the passing attack of Jay Cutler. DEN 28-21

Pittsburgh (2-0) at Philadelphia (1-1)- The battle for Keystone State once again in another professional sport as they meet in baseball of course, met in hockey during the playoffs. And just like in hockey, the Steel City will have something to brag about. The Steelers are the best team in the NFL and they will be able to take advantage of the few holes the Eagles do have. PIT 20-10

Jacksonville (0-2) at Indianapolis (1-1)- Things really dont get easier for the Jags, do they? They have struggled in the early goings of the season so far and they dont get any easier as they play a team in the Colts that has just owned them throughout the years. It wont matter this week that Bob Sanders is out because I think you will see Peyton Manning at his best- he is full strength and always gets up for the Jags. IND 34-17

Cleveland (0-2) at Baltimore (1-0)- Now the media darlings of the off season- Cleveland Browns have struggled out the gates so far and I think it will not get any better this week. I think the concussion messed with Derek Anderson and he is not at full strength just yet. It also doesnt help that Braylon Edwards cannot catch a ball to save his soul. I like Joe Flacco and I think he will continue to impress. BALT 16-10

Dallas (2-0) at Green Bay (2-0)- So I promised myself, I would put feelings aside for the Packers when I made picks this year. And I will do that as I really think the Packers will win this one. Tony Romo has never been good with pressure and under lights in Lambeau- a stadium he grew up dreaming about playing in will get to him. If Dallas wants to win, they have to figure out how to stop the big play and if the Pack wants to ensure a win, they have to make just to cover Jason Whitten at all times. It will be close throughout and will end on a Mason Crosby field goal. GB 31-28

New York Jets (1-1) at San Diego (0-2)- If you didnt know by now, San Diego is pissed off. They have lost close games in the first two plus one they really should of won. Despite Brett Favre great record in California (8-1) and Tony Kornheiser having an erection about Brett during the whole game, it will not be able to help him here as the Chargers will play inspired football on national television and win rather handily. SD 31-17

Have a good weekend

-Charlie.

No comments: