The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Top 25 Predictions

No article this week. There is really isnt anything that has peak my interest. There are a ton of a top 25 matchups that will leave for a good Monday post. So look forward to that, I just decided to make my picks because I have nothing better to do.


1. USC-At Oregon State-This is the Thursday night matchup and despite the bad success that the Trojans have had at Corvaillis, I think this team is focused on and will blowout the Beavers. USC 38-13

2. Oklahoma- vs. 24. TCU- Another big matchup this weekend between two good ones. If the Horned Frogs were to win this game then they should be higher in the polls than BYU. They are the more deserving non-BCS team then. I like the Horned Frogs chances to keep it close for most of the game although the Sooners are too good and will pull away late. OKLA 31-21

3. Georgia- vs. 8. Alabama- This is one will be a hard fought battle to the very end and expect the Dawgs to win this game through the air. Terrence Cody for Bama (their version of Gilbert Brown) will reek havoc on the young O-Line for the Dawgs. In addition, Nick Saban at least this year had gotten his boys ready to play in the big game situation. Georgia in my mind is a legit team and I think Matt Stafford is good enough to lead this team this week and will do so. UGA 17-14

4. Florida-vs. Mississippi- This marks the return of Jevan Sneed to Gainsville and something tells me that this game will be a lot closer than Urban Meyer would like. The Rebels could easily be 4-0 if not for some bad breaks against Wake Forest and Vanderbilt. I always trust in Tim Tebow and this week will be no difference, I see Tebow leading them down to win on the final drive. FLA 28-24

5. LSU-vs. Mississippi State- I dont think this one should be close for long. The Bulldogs have a pretty solid defense but it will not be any match for the Tigers as they show no signs of letting down after their big win in Auburn. LSU 31-6

6.Missouri-Bye

7. Texas-vs. Arkansas- A classic rivalry renewed between two teams who have some bad blood between them although this one will not have any heroics. I thought the Razorbacks were much better than they actually are plus Colt McCoy and the Longhorns have not been stopped on offense. UT 42-17

8. Alabama-See 3. Georgia

9. Wisconsin-at Michigan-The Badgers go into the Big House this weekend in the top 10 facing an unranked Wolverine team. I think the Badgers should win by a couple touchdowns but I just dont see the Badgers playing to their full potential. I think a game-winning FG decides this one as the Badgers snap their 14 game losing streak at the Big House. UW 20-17

10. Texas Tech-Bye- But watch the dating advice of their head coach Mike Leach, also Coach Leach has a bunch of great YouTube clips.

11.BYU-Bye

12. Penn State- vs. 22. Illinois- I think this is the one big games of the weekend that has the best chance of being a blowout. Its under the lights in Happy Valley which in my opinion is one of the toughest places to play and I think Penn State is one of the most underrated teams in the nation because all you hear about is the Big 12 and SEC but in reality, the upper echelon of the Big 10 isnt half bad. PSU-35-20

13. South Florida-at NC State- Well the Wolfpack have another chance to play spoiler and I think Coach Levittet will have his boys prepared after seeing the dismantle of ECU and this would of been my upset pick if the Wolfpack QB Russell Wilson hadnt gone down with injury. It will be very hard for QB Harrison Beck to win against South Florida. USF 24-10

14. Ohio State-vs. Minnesota- Now I think the Gophers are much better than team then they have been in the last couple of years and I think this game has a chance to be close for awhile. I am not sold whatsoever on the Buckeyes and this will be a game I will have my eye on. In the end, the Buckeyes defense gets done against the Gophers late. OSU 24-20

15. Auburn-vs. Tennessee- The Vols need to be included in the catagory of "Former great teams" like Michigan, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, and Nebraska (granted 3/4 are in the top 35) always expectations yet never seemed to match-up to them. The Vols will be off to a comfty 1-3 start after this week lost to Auburn. AUB 27-14

16.Wake Forest-vs. Navy- The Midshipmen are the best military school out of the three, too bad they will have no chance against the Demon Deacons. WAKE 45-10

17.Utah-vs. Weber State- This one isnt worth my time on the keyboard. UTAH 70-3

18.Kansas-Bye

19. Boisie State-Bye

20.Clemson-vs. Maryland- The Terps are going to need alot of these big hits to win the football game. Both teams have been up and down to start the season but Clemson is overall the better football team. They will enjoy a significant victory in this one. CLEM 31-20

21. Vanderbilt-Bye

22. Illinois- See 12. Penn State

23. East Carolina-vs. Houston- The exciting world of C-USA football! Yes so jacked for that to start up again. I think this one shouldnt even be close as Houston defense cant seem to stop anyone. ECU 38-9

24. TCU-see 2. Oklahoma

25. Fresno State-At UCLA- Well I need an upset pick and I really like the chances of every team that is favored to win but for the hell of it, I will take the Bruins in this one. A west coast rivalry that the Bruins need/want to prove that they can be the same team that beat an SEC team. UCLA 31-28

Other Games to watch...
-Purdue at Notre Dame
-Virgina Tech at Nebraska
-Colorado at Florida State

Enjoy it.

-Charlie.

No comments: