The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Al Harris Done for the Year?

I still think its a worthy blog mention as one of Green Bay's best players is possibly done for the year with a spleen problem. Everyone has been unsure whether its a ruptured, torn, or lacerated spleen and if he will be back this year. What does this mean for the Packers....

Anytime you lose one of your best players, it is never a good thing whatsoever although it gives way to a couple of young guys to show what they are worth. Right now according to ESPN.com, they have Will Blackmon slated in the #2 slot. Which I think is probably the right call, Blackmon is a speedy and very instinctive player. I worry about his foot issues though. I really like Tramon Williams though, I think he has the opportunity to be a great player for the Green Bay Packers. I thought Miles Austin of Dallas pushed off when he gave up that long pass play Sunday night.

I think the Packers might want to take a look at either Ty Law or Fakhir Brown who was just released by the St. Louis Rams. Those are two players that could make an impact for the Packers.

Worst case scenario is if Blackmon, Williams, or Charles Woodson goes down. That will mean more of Jarrett Bush, and Patrick Lee. We do not want to see that, I have no faith whatsoever in those two guys especially if they have to see more time.

-Charlie.

No comments: