The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Case of the Mondays for Refs

I witnessed some of the worst officating in sports history last night. I have seen poorly reffed games in all sorts of sports but there are not of alot of them that not one but two end with horrific calls.

-Villanva-Georgetown: I did not catch most of this game because I was doing the school thing although I had caught that the Hoyas were a double-digit favorite against the Wildcats who were a top 20 team a month ago then the Big East just ate them up. The Hoyas looked like they had a commanding lead then Nova pulled back with some great play from Scottie Reynolds. Then on the final possession, Reynolds drove down the lane with a ton of a contact. Then the ball is stripped away and they call a harmless bumping foul! It was unbelieveable that they gave Johnathan Wallace who happens to be the best free-throw shooter in G'Town history too. Made them both to give them the game. Coach John Thompson III should not be at all satisfied with this win. As someone said on a messege board, "If that's a foul then Shawn Pruitt (of Illinois) got away with murder."

-Rutgers-Tennessee: I honestly have never sat down and watched a women's college basketball game because I just do not find the style that women play interesting at all. Although I did see the highlights of this game and the Scarlet Knights got absolutly robbed. Candance Parker had a couple shot attempts in the paint then another UT player got the ball with .02 left and somehow gets fouled. C. Vivian Stringer definetly left nothing out but to be positive I would rather have that happen against a non-conference team then against UConn.

Also a random video...

Shaq does cheers!

Charlie.

No comments: