The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, September 21, 2007

Top 5 Games of the Week- Statement Week

Well I am pressed for time as college football has already begun today yet I started on this last night. So I am going to feature five games and later on in the year I will have a Heisman update along with this. Also on Monday, I will have a wrap-up of these games plus any other odd things around college football.

  1. South Carolina at LSU- I think this is the best game this week by far. "The ole ball coach" needs to send a message to the entire nation and this would be the game to do it. They go up against a mighty defense although on the offense side QB Matt Flynn will probably be a game time decision. I think LSU comes up big and wins in the late stages of the game 17-14
  2. Iowa at Wisconsin- Some people in the nation might not think this game means much but I do. If Iowa wins this game, they could possibly run the tables in the Big Ten since they do not have Michigan or Ohio State to play this year. UW needs to as well make a statement game after two lackluster games in my opinion. Its going to be one of those typical Big Ten grind it out game and UW answers the bell 13-10
  3. Georgia at Alabama- This game doesn't excite me as much as the rest of the nation, I guess its because I am not a huge SEC fan plus I do not think Georgia is all that good. This game puts Nick Saban in his first feature game at Bama, and I think UGA is too young to handle the Tide. 31-13
  4. Penn State at Michigan- This game has more meaning then meets the eye because Penn State has yet to show what they are really made of due to playing mediocre opponents so far. Then you have Michigan who has been mostly mediocre, Penn St. has to exorcise their demons against the Wolverines (PSU is 1-8 in the last nine). I think Michigan is going to beat them late in the game and the woes continue for the Nittany Lions, 27-21
  5. Washington State at USC- No other game really interested me so I picked the one that I would likely watch if able. The Trojans will work this defense of Washington State as UW did in week one and it will get ugly quick. 42-14

Enjoy the day

Charlie.